Dining with a Toddler

Mum to Belle

<font color=royalblue>Thinks she may know someone
Still planning our dining options and I'm after some more advice please!

We will be travelling with DD who will be nearly 3 when we are in DLRP.

As she is under 3, does anyone know what dining options are for her? We have half board plus for DH & I (may upgrade to premium) but we don't get vouchers for DD

We hope to go to Auberge for the princess interaction alone, the food will be a bonus for DH & me - doubt DD will eat much :rolleyes:

Would love to go to Cafe Mickey for the characters too - DD will deffo want a Mickey pizza! ::MickeyMo

Have read great reviews for Inventions on here, would I be right in thinking DD will eat for free as it's a buffet? :wizard:

Really fancy The Steakhouse for DH's birthday - does anyone know what is available for under 3's here? pluto:

Would we have to order off the normal menu for restaurants which are not a buffet and pay full price? :confused3

Last thing, DD is getting too big for a high chair but still a bit small for a big chair. At home we use a booster seat, do they have these in the restaurants or should we take our own?

That's it for now - thanks in advance for any help!! :thanks:

I had to pay for my DD2, who was 2 at the time, in Auberge & Cafe Mickey when the rest of us had HB vouchers. She wouldn't have been happy to eat off our plates, but I didn't mind because she ate loads! She ate for free in Inventions. I have never seen any booster chairs, I still put DD2 in a high chair. Sorry I can't tell you anything about the Steakhouse, it's so long since I was there that I can't remember too much about it.

Have a great time. I'm sure your daughter will love it.

Buffets are free for under threes so are a good choice, otherwise you will have to pay for a children's meal, which are v expensive if they don't eat it! ;) We used to let evie eat off our plate , it really was a waste of money for us otherwise, they will bing a side plate for you if you ask. :goodvibes

I think buffets are the way to go, we should be able to find something she wants to eat there. I love the sound of Inventions!!

I think there are plenty of things she'll eat in Cafe Mickey and she is already excited about seeing princesses in Auberge.

It's good to know where we will need to pay for her so we can budget how much money we'll be spending!

Might be an idea to share food in Auberge though...!

We had to pay for a meal for my youngest DS at The Steakhouse when we went. The buffets were definately the best

Thanks Glenda! :goodvibes

Did you just chose from the main menu or do you remember if they had a children's menu?

I'm sure DH would love the food, but if there's no choice for DD then I wouldn't want a great meal spoiled by a bored hungry toddler!!:rolleyes:

There is a childrens menu. I'll try and remember to look at it for you next week if you want. The latest menu posted on the restaurant thread said it was 13E but it may have changed since them

The sunday brunch at the Steakhouse is a buffet so she would eat free then

Thanks Small World :goodvibes

Sadly we're going Tues-Fri so will miss the Sunday brunch (ooh, that's another reason to go back though!!)

So jealous that you're going next week!!! :rotfl: I would be very grateful if you managed to look at the menu while you're there - but appreciate that it won't be top of your list of priorities!! :goodvibes

Thanks Small World :goodvibes

Sadly we're going Tues-Fri so will miss the Sunday brunch (ooh, that's another reason to go back though!!)

So jealous that you're going next week!!! :rotfl: I would be very grateful if you managed to look at the menu while you're there - but appreciate that it won't be top of your list of priorities!! :goodvibes

No problem - we are going to the sunday brunch anyhow so should get chance

Your DD will probably want to sit in the high chairs as they have Mickey ears.:goodvibes We took our own DD's cutlery and beaker with us when we went to eat. She was a bit younger than your DD, but we fed her from our plates. It all depends on her appetite.

Your DD will probably want to sit in the high chairs as they have Mickey ears.:goodvibes We took our own DD's cutlery and beaker with us when we went to eat. She was a bit younger than your DD, but we fed her from our plates. It all depends on her appetite.

Thanks Joolz:goodvibes

Highchairs with Mickey ears??!!! Wow!! Disneytastic!! :cheer2:

Good point about the cutlery and cups, she is drinking from an open cup and if they have straws she'll probably be ok but it's not a good idea when we're on the move!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter