Dining with a large group

ljhayes

Mouseketeer
We'll be cruising this fall with a group of 15 (possibly 18 if we can convince the holdouts to come 😂 ). I understand this could be server team dependent, but I'm curious if anyone has experience with large groups at dinner and whether you were able to switch up your seating/tables on different nights. For instance, if we send all the kids to the club, could we all sit at one table together? If we wanted to switch up which families were sitting together one night, could we?

You can definitely request 12 and 6 person tables near each other, then have the adults at one and kids at the other, or switch things up. But that's a request and won't be guaranteed, and you could end up with multiple 4 and 6 tops scattered around the restaurant. I would call DCL (or have your travel agent do it) ASAP and tell them you'd all like to sit together.

You can definitely request 12 and 6 person tables near each other, then have the adults at one and kids at the other, or switch things up. But that's a request and won't be guaranteed, and you could end up with multiple 4 and 6 tops scattered around the restaurant. I would call DCL (or have your travel agent do it) ASAP and tell them you'd all like to sit together.
We've already had our reservations linked and requested to be at tables nearby. Just curious about switching up who sits where on different nights.

We sailed as a group of 14 in Dec of 2019 on the Wonder, they put us at 2 8-tops next to each other in each dining room, and never minded how we switched up seating arrangements throughout the 6 night cruise.

How many guests can they seat at a single table? We're a group of 11 and would really like to be at one table together, if possible.

How many guests can they seat at a single table? We're a group of 11 and would really like to be at one table together, if possible.
We eat together as a table of 12 when we travel with my husband's family.

However, it seems to make service very slow. I know people complain about it at other times, but seriously, on the Fantasy last year, we were there every night until they turned up the lights (kids sometimes left early).

Each serving team handles a 4 top, a 6 top, and an 8 top table. Generally larger, linked parties are seated in the same service teams tables. And either placed together to create larger table or left as is and you can switch out which table you sit at.

Just a point of comfort. The dining rooms are very noisy, and tables larger than 8, it's impossible to carry on a conversation with more than just the 4 people next to and across from you.

If you are concerned about the speed of service, tell your staff day one to please just bring food as it is ready rather than trying to serve the entire table in courses. Ramped up our speed considerably, even as a two top.

Just a point of comfort. The dining rooms are very noisy, and tables larger than 8, it's impossible to carry on a conversation with more than just the 4 people next to and across from you.

Concur. We usually put the kids at one end and the adults at the other, unless they were feuding, in which case there were small groups of kids interspersed with adults. The kids usually try to sit near aunts/uncles vs. parents. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter