• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining with a group

Boardwalker

DIS Veteran
In October we will be heading down to celebrate my special birthday... the big ugly one that starts with a five and ends in zero.
I am trying to come up with a special dinner for all of us for one night.
There are 16 adults and a baby.
Do you know of any restaurants with seperate party rooms?
I am considering maybe trying to get Grand I for a cocktail and appetizer cruise, and then maybe dinner somewhere in the Magic Kingdom area.
There will be a MNSSHP that night, so my original idea of watching Wishes after dinner isn't going to work out.
Have any of you any ideas or experience with special occasions for a group of that size? I can't find any of the grand gathering stuff anymore.

We tend to travel in packs and we've had as many as 30 at dinner. Jiko is the only place that I can think of (off hand) that has a separate room. We've celebrated a lot of different occasions with no problem being with other diners (with anywhere from 8 to 30).

You will be told when you reserve that they may seat you at separate tables. Most places will try to get you all together but we find two tables work better sometimes like at Crystal Palace since everyone gets up and down for food.

By the way, you will need to call group dining - 407-939-7707

Cyn

Not sure if you like that restaurant, but I know they have a back area...that seats about 16 and it has doors. If you call and reserve that many, they will stick you back there and you can be mostly closed off. It isn't a special location/closed off area, but it is pretty confined. We are going there in a few weeks with our party of 16 :)

This is just a thought, but what about your own "Mom's Kitchen" at 50's Prime Time Cafe? Does anyone know if that could be accommodated? It would be fun and relaxed, and the restaurant itself has the BIG 5 0 in the name! (I realize of course that you were not alive in the 50's, but you were a "glimmer in your parents' eyes, right?" :rolleyes1

A number of years ago I set up dinner for a group of 24. We went to Whispering Canyon and had a little area toward the back of the restaurant that is set off from the main seating area. It was perfect for our group. There were several booths, so we could still sit in smaller groups, yet we were free to get up and chat with the other tables without disturbing the rest of the people in the restaurant. I got the phone number for the restaurant from the dining line and called the restaurant directly. ::MinnieMo

Thanks, everybody, for your ideas.
The only times I have traveled with a group we ended up seperated and I wasn't even really sure if we could be accomodated together.
Now I have hope AND some fun options!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter