Dining with a 2 1/2 year old

Aristomommy

<font color=deeppink>We were in the “wild animals”
DS will be 2 1/2 when we go in November, so we will be on the DDP, he is not. I know some have bought DDP credits for their under 3 kids, but I don't plan to do this. When we visited Disneyland in February we went to Ariel's grotto for a character meal. There, DS got a half portion entree for free, and at buffets he could eat free as much as he wanted.

I was surprised by the free food at a sit down meal, but I thought maybe there has been a change in the policy? I thought only buffets are free.:confused3 I don't mind paying for his kids meal when needed, but I would like to hear if this can happen at WDW as well?

Also can he use our snack credits for ice cream etc. when in the parks?

During our GG last year, our 2 1/2 yo Grandson was given a little platter of buttered noodles at Dinner at CRT. At other TS meals, he was simply given an empty plate to make sharing easier.

As for him using your snack credits? Of course!

My ds was 2 1/2 when we went to WDW last time. We had the dining plan and just shared with him. It's a LOT of food, so it was pleanty to share with a 2 year old. And at buffetts he had his own plate just like we did. I also used most of my snack credits for my ds-no problem. And yes, there were several places on the DDP where you could get ice cream.

We had the DDP last year when we were at WDW. DD was 2.5. The only time we felt we needed to buy her a meal was at LeCell (only because she wanted a more kiddie meal). All other times, we had plenty to share with her or were eating buffet or family style.

Thanks for the info. DS eats just about everything, so I could just share with him or pay for a kids meal. i was surprised at DL that he got a half portion for free. I didn't expect it or ask, they just stated he could get a half portion for free or pay for a full portion. It was a cute mac n cheese meal with a hot dog octopus on top. Perfect for Ariel's grotto:goodvibes

DS will be 2 1/2 when we go in November, so we will be on the DDP, he is not. I know some have bought DDP credits for their under 3 kids, but I don't plan to do this. When we visited Disneyland in February we went to Ariel's grotto for a character meal. There, DS got a half portion entree for free, and at buffets he could eat free as much as he wanted.

I was surprised by the free food at a sit down meal, but I thought maybe there has been a change in the policy? I thought only buffets are free.:confused3 I don't mind paying for his kids meal when needed, but I would like to hear if this can happen at WDW as well?

Also can he use our snack credits for ice cream etc. when in the parks?

Hi! We are traveling with my DS2 in October and we will be doing the same thing...He can eat off of ANY of our buffets when offered...otherwise, you can pay OOP for his little meal at any TS off the child's menu...or in the parks, they can use any of the snack credits that are pooled together for the whole family...or again, pay OOP. I think they are pretty flexible!!!!! This is exactly what we will be doing 10.07 ...hope this info helps!

Thanks for the info - we're going in Sept. with DD8 and DD1.5 - so interested in how DDP will work w. 1.5yr old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter