• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining rotation for 7-night DCL cruises?

grimley1968

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I didn't see this info in the FAQ.

We'll be going on the 4/21/2007 Western Caribbean sailing. I was wondering how the rotational dining works.

- On the Disney Magic, which restaurants are included in the rotation?

- Do they split people up and use each restaurant each night?

I think I've heard you keep your same waitstaff each night, which I assume means they rotate with you to each restaurant.

- On a 7-night cruise, I'm assuming some restaurants are repeated in that period. Or does it work differently?

- How far ahead of my cruise can I expect to know this rotation? I'd like to know early so I can try to book Palo for one night for DW and I online.

Thanks in advance for your help!

You wont know your rotation until you check in at the terminal. There are three dining rooms & they rotate 1231231. You will sit at the same table number every evening though it wont be in the same location in each of the dining rooms.

lbgraves said:
You wont know your rotation until you check in at the terminal. There are three dining rooms & they rotate 1231231.

Thanks. But that kind of stinks if you want to book Palo early (online) and want to make sure it's on the night of the rotational restaurant that looks the least appealing to you.

Whichever restaurant you dine at first, you'll be there 3 times. Twice each for the other 2 restaurants. There are three different rotations: PLA, APL, and LAP. P=Parrot Cay L=Lumieres A=Animator's Palate

So if you're rotation is PLA, you would start in Parrot Cay on Saturday, Lumieres on Sunday, and Animators Palate on Monday... then back to Parrot Cay, and so on. Unless you make a request through DCL or your travel agent, you don't find out yor rotation until you check in at the port. Your rotation is printed on your card. Down in the lower right corner, it will say PLAPLAP or APLAPLA or whatever... :)

Oh well. I guess I'll just have to hie it to Palo's booking place once we find out our rotation. I was really hoping to avoid that mad rush on the boat to reserve things. I'll just stick with booking everything else online so I can just go straight to the place where Palo is booked.

Thanks again for the responses. :thumbsup2

You can use the info that you find here & read the navigators to find out the other activities to decide on the night you want to miss dinner or the show. For us it is easy now. We don't want to miss the first three nights for the light show & that will include formal night as well. We don't want to miss semiformal night or pirate night either. That leaves Tuesday night on the western or Wednesday night on the eastern. Friday is a possibility but there just doesn't seem to be enough time to get all the last pictures & say goodby to the DIS group along with hitting the shop for the last time & finish packing to go to the Til We Meet Again at 10:30 pm. The nights we choose use to be the night for WWTBAM in the theater. Now it is a performer's hour show...who you can catch in the night club during the cruise. That is also the night for the PJ party in the club for the kids so it was easy to convince DD to go. ;)

You can also just book a resie & if you decide that you want to change it after you board go to the resie location. It might end up working out for you. :)

BTW, our friend Beano gets his rotation when he calls DCL because he is dealing with the concierge team for his category 1. (You need to book your suite on one of our next cruises so we can have the chance to attend one of your amazing DIS parties!) ;) The rest of us CAN request a rotation but it is not guaranteed & you will not know if you get it until you check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter