Dining reviews 10/19-10/25

kristielee

Mouseketeer
Hi just back..Here's some quick reviews

10/19 Lunch: Mara grill at AKL....I had chix cesear wrap (fair), DH had tuna sandwich, kids had pizza...overall nothing special. With drink came to around $26.00 Rating B-

10/19 Dinner: 1900 Park Fair Character meal: Buffet was very, very good. Lots of choices. Great character interaction. Fabulous desserts. Would DEFINATELY do again. Came to about $75.00 for 4. Rating B+

10/20 Breakfast: Boma at AKL....Nice buffet, lots and lots of choices. Loved the frunch and the sausage. You definately don't leave hungry. Probably one of the better breakfast buffets in the world. Excellent service. Cashed in AMEX pts for free gift certificates, so don't know $$$. Rating B

10/20 Lunch: Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL...Now I know a lot of people have mixed emotions about WCC. We really enjoy this place. It is NOT a quiet meal. But kids can cut up and really have a ball. DD and DS both did stick pony races and we get a kick out of the banter, but I know this place is not for everyone. Food was good. DH had "best burger" he'd ever eaten. I had chix sandwich, kids had PB and J and chix fingers, and worms in the dirt, of course for dessert. Around $45.00 Rating B

10/21 Dinner: Hoop Dee Doo Review : Must admit, this was our first time at the HDDR. Gotta say, we LOVED IT!!! It is corny, hokey, and just a good family fun event. I thought it was worth every penny. Food, other than the ribs, was very good. Dessert was great. The entertainment was priceless. We will definately do this again. Around $125 Rating
B+

10/22 Breakfast : CRT This was my little girls dream come true. Even DH had a ball (Loved being refferred to as " m'lord"...teheehee) Food was solid (loved the potatoes), and the characters were all over. Met Cindy, Belle, SW, Mary Poppins, Jasmine, and Prince Charming. Around $50. Rating B+

10/22 Dinner : Artist Point ... I would drive 1200 mi every month just to have dinner here. This is by far and above our favorite restaurant in the world. Met family there from Melbourne. DH and Uncle had mixed grill, Aunt had Buffalo tenderloin and I had Spicy Shrimp over Asian noodles. We all had wine pairings, several appetizers were shared, and kids had Mac and cheese and chicken. For dessert, I had flouless whiskey cake, Aunt had Creme Brulee, DH and Uncle had Cobbler. Kids had Mickey puzzle and cookies. We all had coffee. Uncle graciously picked up tab...would guess to be in the $300.00 range, but well, well worth it! Rating A++++

10/23 Lunch: 50's Prime Time Cafe at MGM...I had meatloaf (very good), DH had Chix Cesear Salad, kids had Hot dogs. Food was good. I felt it was a little bit pricey for the quality. Came to about $48. Atmosphere was fun, but crowded. Service was fair. Rating B-

10/24 Dinner: Whispering Canyon Cafe ... Now this night we were meeting friends from Miami. I must say, I was disappointed in the food. After a very LOOOOONG wait to be seated, we finally got in after 8 PM. Friends and I had BBQ skillet (fair at best), DH had ribs (better than skillet). We all had Coronas, kids had PB and J. Billwas over $140. The service was very good once seated. Our waiter really did his best to appease a couple of very hungry and cranky kids. However the food was a letdown. Overall, I think that the WCC is a far better pick for lunch. Rating C-

10/25 Breakfast: Princess Breakfast at Akershus in Epcot... A good time was had by all! More princesses. This time inclued Mulan (my daughter's favorite) and Aurora. Food was very good. Loved the pastrys and DH went nuts for the potatoes again (what DO they put in them???). Lots of character interaction. Would do it again. Came to about $60 Rating B+

Anybody have any ?, I'll be glad to answer!!!

Thanks for the reviews!

We are staying at WL in December and I am still kind of up in the air about the Whispering Canyon. The lunch idea was a good one. Maybe we can fit it in.

I'm excited to hear that you saw Mulan at the Storybook breakfast. She's DD's favorite (after Ariel). She was Mulan for Halloween! Hope she's at our breakfast too! Did you see any kids in princess costumes? DH doesn't know about bringing the Mulan costume, but I think it would be cute.:D

Hi, Lots and lots of little girls in costume. My DD didn't wear hers (even though we brought it) because it was so oppressively HOT!!! We are from Upstate NY and I really underestimated just how hot Oct in Orlando could be. It was the only bad side to the trip

Great reviews, kristielee! I'm glad you like Artist Point and HDD - two of my favorites, and on either end of the spectrum (atmosphere-wise)!

I'm looking forward to Boma's breakfast in December. Sounds yummy! :)

We're thinking about breakfast at Boma, so I was glad to read your remarks. We have CRT, SBP and 50's PT booked as well.

Thanks for the reviews. Artist Point will be our first-night dinner this coming May.

Thanks for the reviews! We're going to try HDDR on our next trip and I'm glad to read another review that says it's worth it.

Thanks for the reviews - pleased to hear you rated 1900 Park Fare and the Princess Storybook breakfast, as we've got PS for both this trip and I have read some reviews about both, which weren't so good.

Out of interest, was Eeyore at 1900 Park Fare the night you went? I've heard some people say it's "Pooh and Friends" and other people have said it's "Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet". Eeyore's my favourite and we're booked in for my 30th birthday on 21 December - I want to make sure I see him there! :Pinkbounc

Cheryl

Thanks for the reviews. Artist Point is one place we haven't tried yet but it's on our list for our next trip.

Cheryl,
dinner is Pooh and friends which could be eeyore, tigger and piglet.

Breakfast has pooh and one friend which changes all of the time.

Hi Kristielee~

Wow, we must be on the same wavelength as we did several of the same meals when we were there the 18-26! I think your reviews are right on the mark. We did both princess breakfasts too and loved them! We didn't have Prince Charming or Jasmine at CRT, but the Fairy Godmother was downstairs. At PSB my girls were almost beside themselves! Mulan and Princess Aurora are two of their favs and they were both so nice to them. Next time we definitely have to try 1900 Park Faire! We were going to go this time around but already had 3 character meals planned which is plenty for us. Thanks for posting
:D

Hi Chezp

Eeyore was there for the character dinner, as well as Pooh, Piglet, and Tigger. My 4 year old DD told Eeyore she'd brought him Thistles to eat and Eeyore was all over her! It was so cute. But the best part was watching her practice her bouncing with Tigger in the middle of the restaurant. I can't tell you how much fun it was to see my kids so happy. It was very well worth it. Enjoy your visit

We have eaten at WCC several times. We ate there twice in March because it was SOOO good.

In June, we planned to eat there 3 times, but after the first visit we cancelled our other PS's. They had changed their menu and no longer had breadsticks or brisket in the skillet.

We will give it another try in June 2003. We were disappointed:(

Thanks for the great reviews!

Thanks for the reviews. We will be at Wilderness Lodge in Dec. Sorry your dinner wasn't the best at WCC. It is one of our favorite fun places. We've also been DYING to try Artist Point. I can't believe we haven't tried it yet!!!

Thanks so much for the informative reviews. Can't wait to visit Artists Point in February.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter