Dining Reviews 1/8 - 1/14

kristielee

Mouseketeer
Hi all, just back from an extended family SSR stay with DH, DD, DS, parents, inlaws, aunt, and others. Here's a review of where we ate.

1/8 Sat: 'Ohana - Always a favorite. Food was good, service was great. Loud, boisterous, kids had a great time. Did coconut races an hula-hoops. Food was fresh, tasty.

1/9 Sun: CRT breakfast - gotta love those potatoes. I swear I don't know how they make 'em, but they are the best! Lots of characters, delicious food.

1/9 Sun: WCC dinner - The most fun we ever had here. Bobby (the waiter) is NUTZ! OMG, he had us in hysterics. We hadn't warned my inlaws about the antics there, so they were in stitches. The food was excellent. DH and I each had the pasta (love the spicy chipotle sauce), others had free range chicken, (simple, but delicious), meatloaf (done just right) and NY strip (perfect). Always a favorite....it's a must do for every trip.

1/10 Mon: CMC dinner - hadn't been back there in about 7 years. The last time we ate there it was so-so. But everybody raves about it, so we thought we'd give it another try. Much better than we'd remembered. Food was fresh. Tons of choices. Even had a sugar free dessert avail for FIL who is a diabetic. Probably the best buffet dinner in WDW.

1/11 Tues: SciFi lunch - burgers were had by all. Kids had mac and cheese. Simple food, done well, love the campy atmosphere. Great service. Good time had by all. Glo in the dark ice cubes were a huge hit.

1/11 Tues: Artist Pallette dinner - grabbed a couple of flatbreads (artichoke and chicken) and a roast beef and bleu sandwich. Excellent food, reasonable priced. Ate right there. Would definately go back when staying at SSR.

1/11 Wed: Hoop Dee Doo Review - another MUST - DO for every trip. Food here was also better that we'd remembered. Ribs were succulent, chicken was awesome, and the show never ceases to entertain. It's worth going just to hear my kids giggle at "Six Bits" and his antics. By far the most fun we had all week. Had a great table down in front.

1/12 Thurs: Teppanyaki dinner - probably the BEST meal we had all week. While we've had more entertaining chefs, the food was first class. Most had the steak and shrimp. Kids both had shimp. The portions were huge. Some also had the ginger ice cream for dessert. I'd love to be able to find that around here. It was sensational.

All in all, there wasn't a bad meal to be had. I can only say that it's no wonder that there is such an obesity epidemic in this country. Spend a week at WDW and between the choices and the size of the portions you can't help but gain weight. Even with all the walking....we still put on a few pounds. And my kids who are usually picky eaters, ate better than ever. Great food, I think the prices are reasonable considerring it's a resort (been to others far more expensive) and considerring the portion size. It's very easy to split an entree and still have more that enough to eat. I'd be glad to answer any questions or specifics.

Thanks for the review! Im glad you had a good time! Were figuring out where will be eating for our June trip.

Thanks for the reviews. Sounds like you had some fun, and delicious, meals! :D

Sounds like you had some wonderful dining experiences! I'm stumped, though. Where/what in the heck is CMC? I know I'm gonna go "duh!" when you tell me, but I can't, for the life of me, figure it out.

Pat

Thanks for the reviews.
Dont you just the kids reactions at the HDD? :D

goofy4wdw2 said:
inky dinky doo- i was stumped at first, too...it's cape may cafe :umbrella:

Well, duh! I've eaten at Cape May (and enjoyed it). I just didn't recognize its initials. My bad. :o Thanks!

Pat

Thanks for the reviews! Glad to hear the good comments on WCC, we are trying it for dinner on our next trip (only done breakfast there). We also love cape may and sci fi. Teppanyaki is still on our "to try" list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter