Dining Review of our First Trip

dfarster

Earning My Ears
We had to make some changes when we got there since my DD woke up with a 102+ temp our first morning, so we ended up missing O'hanas for breakfast. We did reschedule, but had to cancel that one as well since it was too early for her motrin to kick in! But we pressed on and had a great time!

Sunday May 27, first night - Kona Cafe
Both DS and DD had the kids meal with salmon - LOVED IT
I had the sticky wings as my entree and everyone LOVED them!
Can't remember was DH had, but he was really pleased

Monday May 28, Coral Reef
We showed up 30 minutes early and they let us in within 5 minutes
DD had kids meal with chicken
DS had fish of day - both had make your own sundays

Tuesday May 29 - Chef Mickey's breakfast
Kids love the waffles
DH and I enjoyed the buffet!
even at 9:40 plenty of character attention and fresh food
Server was really slow, but that won't stop us from returning

Wednesday May 30 - Crystal Palace lunch
A little delay since we had reservations when the opened
Very cheery atmosphere and we got to see Eeyore within seconds!
Everyone enjoyed the food. Strawberries were a huge hit here.

Thursday May 31 - Dinner at 4:10
Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic Package
Really bad service and food. Sour Blackberry Chicken
DD & DS were saved by the peel n eat shrimp

Friday June 1 - Princess Story Book at Akerhaus Lunch
Wonderful interaction with the princesses
DD had turkey roll with tons of grapes
DS again had salmon
I had the Braised Lamb - YUMMY DS helped it most of it!
DH had the Traditional Kjottkake - He really like it

Our favorite meal!! Dinner at Ohana's
We all enjoyed the BBQ Shrimp and Wings
Really liked the meat as well.
Dessert was just yummy.
We did do the al a carte Icee Sand Bucket for the kids - HUGE treat for them. I only got one for them to share.

Saturday June 2
Missed the breakfast : (
Did get a standby within 5 minutes for Lunch
At the Liberty Tree Tavern
DH had Old Glory - Great burger
I had Fresh from the Harbour - Yummy Salmon with spaghetti squash!
DD had beefy mac & cheese
DS again had salmon

I was pleased to see the choices on most of the Kids Pick Menus
Loved having the fruit cup option and usually a fish that my DS was gaga over!!

Other than the H&V meal we were really pleased!
The only counter service meals we had were at the Poly's Captain Cook's Snack Co.
Tried the Chicken Cesaer Salad, Stir-Fried Noodles, Grilled Cheese & Turkey & Cheese - All was good!

sounds like you had a great time even with an obstacle thrown in.

the food all sounds delicious and i cannot wait to eat my way through Disney.

looks like i'm 1st too reply, never happened before.

I'm second - thanks for posting your reviews. Sorry your DD was sick on the 1st day, I hope she improved :)

We were pleasantly surprised with the wondeful food. We are not buffet people and eat out a lot. The kids could not get over the aquarium at Coral Reef. I forgot to mention the we had the DDE. I bought the AP for discounted room rates, so we couldn't use the DDP. It worked out in our favor, since we really spent less this way. We did have cereal, milk, yogurt and fruit we order from Garden Grocer.

Thanks for the extra info - we are heavily debating DDP v DDE for our trip in April as there will be 7 in our party, 2 of whom are not big eaters at all. We're thinking that DDE might work out better/cheaper for us.

My husband was hesitant with the DDE card, but loved it. We knew that we shared meals and I sometimes just order an appetizer instead of an entree, so the 20% works out to be a better deal. He also loved the 20% off alcohol at the Polynesian Bar. He would go out to watch sports when we were sleeping and have a drink. He was used to having a suite, so he could stay up and watch tv after the kids were sleeping. This was a bonus for him to save money and relax!!

Thanks for the info on the kids dessert at Ohana. I wasn't sure whether you could still order, ala carte, the shaved ice in the sand pail.

It was either 4.99 or 5.99. I will look tonight if I remember. I didn't think they would share very well being 4 and 6, but it was great. They even shared with Dad! The bucket of course had to come home with us on the plane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter