Dining Review - February 2023

Thank you so much for your food reviews. I have loved following along.

My husband and I went last September (during Ian... so not a "normal" trip lol). I too love Tambu Lounge....so much so that we are planning a trip in October for a stay at the Poly.

You always seem to have great luck sitting at the bar. What time do you recommend going? Our last visit was crazy busy with only one overworked bartender (it was a Sunday afternoon) and no food was being served. My guess is they only serve food when Ohana is open?

Also you have inspired me to go to Shula's. I just have to figure out where to fit it in lol
Thank you.

We were in Disney last September during Hurricane Ian also. We ate a Shula’s several times that trip, including our leftovers being our hurricane meal when nothing was open. Definitely try to squeeze it in.

Tambu lounge is great. Yes, I’ve noticed that too with crowds at the bar, but they seem to either be packed or empty. Often we’ll show up and it’s crowded but 5-10 minutes later it empties out.

Love your reviews! When's the next trip? You've convinced me that I need to visit Shula's and Jock Lindsey's ASAP - never been to either one! Those chicken thigh biscuits at Homecomin' are soooooo good. Love that you ended the trip at Tambu -- so perfect for you. You guys seem to have really good luck with finding seats there. It's always so busy when I visit.
Thank you
We’ll probably go back in the fall.
Definitely recommend Shula’s, one of our favorite restaurants.
Jock Lindsay was good too - my little pet peeve of uncomfortable seats makes you not want to linger too long.
We knew we had to end at Tambu with that bread pudding. The crowds definitely come and go, we’ll hang out and wait a bit if it’s crowded since usually 10 minutes later it’s empty.

Great reviews! You’ve convinced me to try Shula’s soon! We also love Tambu Lounge… I need to order the bread pudding there. Have you tried the Magical Star Cocktail that you can get there and at other places? It’s delicious and not at all boozy - very tropical and refreshing.

Great reviews! You’ve convinced me to try Shula’s soon! We also love Tambu Lounge… I need to order the bread pudding there. Have you tried the Magical Star Cocktail that you can get there and at other places? It’s delicious and not at all boozy - very tropical and refreshing.
Hi. Our favorites -Shula’s and bread pudding from Tambu Lounge. I haven’t tried the Magical Star Cocktail yet. I tried something called Magical Beacon maybe the last trip. I’ll keep and eye out for Magical Star next trip -thank you for the suggestions.

Bumping this thread to say I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your food adventures while I ate my boring bowl of cheerios for dinner. 🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!