• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Review-4 adults on Dining Plan

jenlynmc

Earning My Ears
My DH, DS and his wife and I went to Disney on Dining Plan on March 8. Night one was Wolfgang Puck. Service was not great, but food was excellent. Spring rolls and crabcakes were best appetizers. A tilapia special, steak, salmon and shrimp pasta were all good entrees. The tilapia and steak were superb. Desserts were all SO GOOD. Cheesecake, flourless choc cake, choc multilayer cake, key lime--all excellent.

Dinner the next night was Tepanyaki dining room in Epcot Japan. It was excellent food, with again spotty service. Of the appetizers, the edamame was the best. All the entrees were super good. We had ice cream and ginger cakes for dessert and all were good.

Dinner the next night was Spoodles. This was our best dinner. Our server was excellent--we tipped above the DDP because he was so good. We had steak, snapper, pork chop and rigatonia entrees. All were excellent. The garlic shrimp appetizer was also great. DDP adults were allowed to share two of the dessert samplers. Everything on that plate was super--orange cake, almond ice cream, creme brulee and something chocolate. YUMMY!

Tonys was our last dinner and absolutely awful. Don't do it!!

Can I ask what did you guys order at Tonys and what was so bad about it? We are planning on this place for dinner next month

For appetizers we got tomato/mozarella salad, calimari, and salad. These were ok. The bread and dip came out and the dip was like ice cold chili flavored sauce. We could not even eat it. I got the beef spinach pasta and it was yucky. I ate about 1/4 of it and everyone else tried it and didn't want it either. Hubby got spinach/cheese/chicken dish. It was the closest to good. My son got a steak and it was lousy. Lukewarm and gray. His wife got some kind of pasta which was edible but that is it. The only really good thing was the ice cream bomb for dessert. They even managed to make creme brulee sad. Compared to our other TS meals at Tepanyaki, Spoodles and Wolfgang Puck, this was the worst. Olive Garden food is significantly better than this. Sorry! I really wanted to like it.

Great reviews. We haven't tried Wolfgang's yet. We love Teppanyaki, glad to hear about Spoodles-we liked it the first few times, but the last time we didn't, and once again, another bad review for Tony's. We only have eaten there once about 4 1/2 yrs. ago and don't plan on going back. Service was so-so, food was expensive (not on DDP), and the place was freezing cold (in June!)

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Can you give any details on the snapper dish at Spoodles? You were allowed to share the dessert sampler on the DDP? That's cool, I didn't think that was an option. We are going next month for the first time, I'm so excited! :banana:

Thanks for the reviews! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter