Dining Plans and Staying in the same room

taiwanmom2011

Earning My Ears
This is my FIRST Dis post! Thanks to everyone for this amazing space. My question is 2-fold: IF dining plans return by the end of 2021, and IF my husband travels with daughter and myself to WDW in December, will he still have to have the same dining plan as us, even if he doesn't have the same number of park days? He is not a Disney fan, so may just go along with us and play golf. Thanks in advance!

Welcome!
Dining plans have always required each registered guest in the room to have the same dining plan. Highly doubtful they will return this calendar year though.

That said, the credits belong to the reservation as a whole even though they're allocated by guest. If he wasn't joining you for meals, the rest of you could use up his credits (or excess credits, at least).

Also, the credits are good at the resort hotels and Downtown Disney, so he'd be able to use his credits even if he wasn't going to the parks.

will he still have to have the same dining plan as us, even if he doesn't have the same number of park days?

Room, tickets, and dining are a PACKAGE and everyone in the room has to have the same exact package. Dining is always tied to the number of nights you stay, so you will all have the same dining plan. If you want different number of days on your park tickets, you'll need to do a ticketless package and buy your tickets elsewhere. Otherwise, you all need to have the same number of days on your tickets too.

Room, tickets, and dining are a PACKAGE and everyone in the room has to have the same exact package. Dining is always tied to the number of nights you stay, so you will all have the same dining plan. If you want different number of days on your park tickets, you'll need to do a ticketless package and buy your tickets elsewhere. Otherwise, you all need to have the same number of days on your tickets too.

Or in theory you can all get the same number of park days as the lowest number in your party and then upgrade the necessary tickets after arriving. Of course, you'd want to factor in the time and annoyance factor of taking the time out of your vacation to do that, too.

Or in theory you can all get the same number of park days as the lowest number in your party and then upgrade the necessary tickets after arriving. Of course, you'd want to factor in the time and annoyance factor of taking the time out of your vacation to do that, too.

Plus you have to reserve your park days. The number of days you can book ties into your tickets. It’s complicated when you book a package w different traveler needs/wants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter