Dining Plan ??

PatMcDuck

DIS Veteran
Hi, we are going to WDW in 2 weeks. I have used the Dining Plan twice before, so I understand most of it well. But does anyone know, can you use a sit down meal credit for counter service? I am DVC, and paying for my food plan, but we are traveling during the free food promotion. I called to switch some PS, and everything was booked! I may end up with a sit down meal credit I can't really use, but would have time for a counter service meal. (thankfully I made PS for most of the days, family of 6, we are hard to squeeze in)

Someone reported being able to get the ts officially changed at the hotel to a cs. I dont know if this was something just done to be nice or by a lenient manager or if it is something that can be somewhat readily done upon request. if you end up with one left it doesnt hurt to ask.

If worse comes to worse could you use them for a really nice breakfast somewhere and if it was a little late it could sort of cover that and lunch for a day. We are DVC and paying for the plan also during the free dining promo time frame so have been trying to figure out what to do with the ones we will have because we are going off site for a day and didn't make ADRs since we didn't know what time we will be back. I was thinking maybe breakfast at Kona or Spoodles would be one answer. Haven't tried for ADRs at either yet but may look into it once I talk to a couple of others in the group. Had originally hoped to use the extra credits for my son who will only be in the area a couple of days and not on the plan but with the reports that this is not allowed will have to rethink and just pay OOP for him.

I just read a thread that they were adding chef mickey's lunch as something new to help folks use their TS credits. Maybe this is something that would help you. Eating lunch at the resorts is another good option. Kona's at the Poly is a nice relaxing option. Keep in mind that dinner at Trail's End is another nice option...Also the Plaza Restraurant at MK should be easy to get into, and would be a nicer way to use a TS instead of using it for CS. All of these places should be easy to get into since they are not alot of "bang" for the buck, which most folks are looking for, but still a better use of TS credit than using it for a CS. Even using it for WCC at WL for lunch is a good plan. Think about eating lunch at one of the resorts, either an EPCOT one or MK one if you don't want to go into a park and use a ticket.

I think some may need to use their TS credits at breakfast or lunch sit down restaurants, if they have not made ADRs before arrival.
Obviously the restaurants are heavily booked, just judging by what we read on the Dis alone.
And really, in the FL heat and sun and nice relaxing sit down at the start or mid day is a good idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter