Dining Plan worked for us-just back

hanlin

Mouseketeer
Hi! We just got back on Thurs night and wanted to share some DP experiences and figures. I was trying to be really good about keeping all receipts but sometimes it didn't work out with my DH buying lunch with one DD and me with the other. But I do have most and did some number crunching tonight. We spent $489.80 (2 adults, 2 kids) on the DP. We would have spent out of pocket approx. $788.44 if we didn't have the DP. That's about $300 bucks and I may have not figured in everything. You get so much to eat and yes while we were there a big change happened with the snacks. The CM's were letting us get a lot more for a snack then the day before. I would venture to say that if this change had happened before we went I would have planned it so we didn't spend any $ out of pocket for food. We maybe spent $80 o.o.p for breakfast items for our 5 night stay. We were able to do more character meals then we would have ever been able to do without the DP. The Brown Derby was the best food in Disney if you ask me and we would not have been able to afford it. My DH just loved the fact that he didn't have to worry if he brought enough money with him that night (he's a cash man, doesn't use cr cards on vacation!) and not trying to figure the tip.
I'm a big fan of the DP and would do it all over again, except the 10 pounds I gained from all that food! :)

Thanks! I love posts like this so I can tell DH what a great deal we are going to be getting!
Robin M.

Hanlin, great post! I am thrilled to hear about the snack changes. So, what did you order for meals at the Brown Derby? We are going for this first time this year. THANKS!

Cookie Princess- You are going to love the Brown Derby. It was so nice to walk in there out of the heat and have a nice meal. We had 4 adults and 2 kids. Three of us had the crab cakes app and they were delicious. My MIL had the gazpacho and said it was good but a little spicy. My DD's had the chx soup and a salad. Both were good. The adults had the fillet mignon (I know we are boring) and it was fantastic. Some of the things on the menu sound a little strange but don't let it scare you. It all comes together to taste great. My DD's had the kids grouper and chx fingers (they were not listed on the menu but the server said they had them). For dessert my DH had the Happiest Celebration on Earth and it was yummy. I had the White Choc/macadamia nut cheesecake- yummy! The Moms had the creme brule and said it was devine. The DD's had the worm dessert and liked it. You will love it! Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter