Dining Plan With No Package?

Disney8704

<font color=deeppink>I so need to do that!<br><fon
Can you get the dining plan without doing the package or do you need the package to get it?

To get it free, you have to buy some sort of package. But you could just buy the plan if you'd like.

Luv2Roam said:
I think only DVC-ers can buy the DDP without a WDTC package.

And they have to be staying on points at a WDW DVC resort.

Luv2Roam said:
I think only DVC-ers can buy the DDP without a WDTC package.

Really? I did not know that. So they allow you to BUY it but they GIVE it to us for free? Sounds silly to me.

DizGeek said:
So they allow you to BUY it but they GIVE it to us for free? Sounds silly to me.
We're good with that! :thumbsup2

We are happy to have access to the plan, and I think it's been very good for Disney to include us. We can buy DDP year-round, with no ticket purchase as mentioned above.

The "free" plan is hardly free. It's only for six weeks in the heart of hurricane season and the hottest part of summer -- and it requires rack rate rooms and ticket purchases.

People who stay at value resorts on the free DDP get a great bargain. Most others would come out cheaper renting DVC and paying for the DDP.

There's no such thing as a free lunch...especially at WDW!

Yup, I agree. We weren't even eligible for the plan for a while. I was rather surprised that they are offering it to us at the same price they're offering it to regular guests.

JimMIA said:
We're good with that! :thumbsup2

We are happy to have access to the plan, and I think it's been very good for Disney to include us. We can buy DDP year-round, with no ticket purchase as mentioned above.

The "free" plan is hardly free. It's only for six weeks in the heart of hurricane season and the hottest part of summer -- and it requires rack rate rooms and ticket purchases.

People who stay at value resorts on the free DDP get a great bargain. Most others would come out cheaper renting DVC and paying for the DDP.

There's no such thing as a free lunch...especially at WDW!

I did Pop with the free dining last year. It worked out great. Under $1500 for 10 nights/10 day PH/10 days dining.....thats for a family of 4! I saw one woman here who did it for under $1300. Yes, it was a value resort, but I'd have to say thats getting a free lunch. We're staying off site this year, or we'd do it again. Actually, I'm kicking myself for not doing it.

DizGeek said:
Really? I did not know that. So they allow you to BUY it but they GIVE it to us for free? Sounds silly to me.

During the promotion period, you can get the dining plan free with the purchase of a full price room package including passes. DVC is not considered a full price room. AP rates or code discount room rates are also not eligible for the free dining. You could get a DVC room through CRO with the free dining package, studios start at around $300 per night. Considering a studio at OKW is only 8 points per night in September, it would make more sense to use points or rent points and pay for the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter