Dining Plan with Children

fun4disney

Mouseketeer
NOT WORTH THE $$$$! Unless your child wants to eat chicken nuggets, carrots and grapes for dessert each day for lunch and dinner.

Some places were a little more helpful and would let them get cookies instead of the carrots or grapes, but overall, way too limitted!

Where did you eat? My son has loved everything offered on our trips. Maybe we just ate at places with more variety, but I can say with certainty that he didn't have a single chicken nugget there - but he DID usually order double grapes for his CS sides.

I have to agree w/the original poster. My 7 year old in April was less than thrilled especially with his counter service options. I was given a survey to complete as a DVC member staying at OKW and I certainly mentioned that in my comments. I mean, yea gads, the kids are on vacation too!! I went off my WW on vacation-they can have french fries!!!!

Where did you eat? My son has loved everything offered on our trips. Maybe we just ate at places with more variety, but I can say with certainty that he didn't have a single chicken nugget there - but he DID usually order double grapes for his CS sides.

We've never had a problem with our 2 kids either, they are 6 and 4. They didn't have any chicken nuggets either. They did like the applesauce they got with their c/s meals, but were fine with the grapes and carrots too.

im really lost. i know just about every cs i went to there was options of other sides . like cookies ,pudding,fries,apple sauce, ect. now i dont knwow if your not allowed to do this if its a CS for ddp. i used cash, i regret not getting the DDP . we basically got CS for 2 meals a day.

I'm really confused about this...I hear so many conflicting points on it!! I must admit, I did think it sounded some what limited when I first looked at it (esp with applesauce, carrots & grapes, none of which my DS 9 would eat!!) but when I read other threads on this, it sounds like there are still lots of choices, just not all at one restaurant!

My DD was very tired of grapes and applesauce after a few days. What other options can you choose on DDP for kids?

I have seen at most places you can substitute fries for the fruit on the kids menu. Overall I still think the choices are much too limited. I'm worried that my kids are going to get sick of eating the same thing over and over. But they are going to be at DW so I'm sure they will get over it. :)

I agree with where did you eat? My DS loves (I mean LOVES) chicken nuggets and he only had them once during our 8 day stay. He had grilled chicken, burgers, mac n cheese, pb&J, grilled cheese, fries, water, juice, chocolate milk, jello, pudding, ice cream, salads, chicken soup..................

We didn't feel that way at the table service restaurants, and we didn't eat many counter service meals with kids' menus. The kids usually had grilled fish or chicken to choose from, in addition to the usual hamburger/hot dog/mac & cheese. At Grand Floridian Cafe, DS had salmon that looked almost as good as the (excellent) adult salmon entree. And the only chicken nuggets they had were at Refreshment Port (and I'd expect nothing less of a McDonalds, even in Disney! LOL) But my kids are happy about the fruit/veggies/applesauce instead of fries because neither of them particularly care for fries anyway, and they really liked the "make your own sundae" dessert option that is on the menu at many TS places.

We are going in December and paying for DDP. We have a 5 yo going and haven't been concerned about his choices. He would prefer grapes to fries as a general rule and will be thrilled that he can have chicken nuggets, pizza or hot dogs at every meal. After doing the DDP last September, we have discussed that he can also eat from the adults meals if we have something that he wnats some of, since there is SO MUCH food on the DDP.

NOT WORTH THE $$$$! Unless your child wants to eat chicken nuggets, carrots and grapes for dessert each day for lunch and dinner.

Some places were a little more helpful and would let them get cookies instead of the carrots or grapes, but overall, way too limitted!

The CS restaurants are very limited...HOWEVER...if you get a snack and a TS meal each day for your child, then you have basically paid the price of the child's DDP...so if you aren't satisfied with the child's cs menu and paid OOP for them to eat an adult option...you still didn't lose money on the DDP.

I have issues with the child's selections as well...but we generally found that there was so much food on the DDP between DH, DS and myself that we could supplement the child's CS when needed from our meals...and there are many threads that have been started because many find that their kids have issues with the selections...

but if this thread is to say not worth the money....I have to disagree.

With the exception of making a larger kids menu (which I don't see happening at each location), no menu is going to make everyone happy. For every person that says their kids couldn't find anything to eat/were tired of the food, if seems there is a person that thinks the menus were perfect for their kids and wouldn't want to see any changes.

As for value - several people pointed out that the TS (which has much more variety) and snack more cover the cost of the kids DDP.

Just ask for fries instead of one of the the fruits at CS. We did that for my kids last trip when we were on the DDP and had no problem at all. I must say that a lot of the CS though had NO cheese burgers for kids and my son loves them. So I'd get one and we'd share, we do that a lot anyway so it didn't really matter in that aspect. Everyone was full and happy after eating no matter what. However, I do agree with the majority that kids meals are pretty limited at some places. TS meals were never a problem from what we saw and experienced. Your best bet is to browse the CS resturant menus online ahead of time for each park or resort, then you'll have a better idea of what is gonna be available, and where with regard to what everyone likes or is their favorite. Maybe take a couple crib notes with you etc. for quick reference. Where there is an appetite, there is a way at Disney, even on the dining plan lol. :)

How are the portions on the kids meals? I have a 3, 5 and 6 year old and they could easily split 2 meals between them at most places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter