Dining plan on DVC

No. The dining plan expires at midnight on the checkout day of whatever reservation it was booked through. It cannot be extended to another reservation. Split stays are a great way to add Dining value in my opinion. We often stay 2 nights somewhere getting the DxDP and then switch resorts. You can use your credits that first evening of your next resort. We usually cash it or switch to the QSDP for the second reservation.

No. The dining plan expires at midnight on the checkout day of whatever reservation it was booked through. It cannot be extended to another reservation. Split stays are a great way to add Dining value in my opinion. We often stay 2 nights somewhere getting the DxDP and then switch resorts. You can use your credits that first evening of your next resort. We usually cash it or switch to the QSDP for the second reservation.
You also get a refiilable mug for the first part of the split stay and you can use it for the second part of the split:thumbsup2

What do you mean by Cash out? Also if I do the regular dining plan my first night and than switch resorts and do deluxe the next won’t I get 2 sets of mugs?

"Cash it" meaning pay as we go for meals and not have a meal plan on our 2nd reservation of the split stay. There is a 10% DVC discount at a lot of dining places. Sometimes the meal plan makes sense (especially if you have kids 9 and under) and sometimes it doesn't. We have 2 kids and do the Deluxe meal plan for the first couple of days. We get our character meals and more expensive table service meals with the Dining plan and then we choose CS or cheaper TS locations when we aren't using the meal plan.
And yes, you will be entitled to 2 sets of mugs if you also purchase a dining plan with your second reservation. Pay it forward and give them to another family. You will make someone's day!

We also do the sort of split stay. As we usually arrive late 11pm'ish we do the first night somewhere inexpensive pointwise and get the DxDDP for that single night. We then checkin at another DVC resort and use the credits throughout the day.

We then all have the mug lenght of stay which is nice.

If you book a split stay are you able to link your dining plan so it doesn't expire.

Jeanine Meola
I agree with the timing and mug issue. The point about getting the plan for part or a different plan is an important one IMO. I'd add that you can get it for one room and not for another if you have more than one (L/O 2BR doesn't count). It's important to know that if it's the same resort, booking category and villa size, they may combine them on their own without your knowledge or permission.

Hmm... I never thought of this. We do some 3 day weekends when we have the annual pass.... Going jersey week for 4 nights next year and we probably won't arrive until 10 or 11pm on that Wednesday night. Might have to consider the split stay/meal plan for that Wednesday night use the meal credits Thursday and do a single night Wednesday somewhere ........

I agree with the timing and mug issue. The point about getting the plan for part or a different plan is an important one IMO. I'd add that you can get it for one room and not for another if you have more than one (L/O 2BR doesn't count). It's important to know that if it's the same resort, booking category and villa size, they may combine them on their own without your knowledge or permission.

Yes, we are going to try this with 2 rooms later this month. Getting the deluxe plan for one room and no plan for the other. Should cover all our most expensive TS for the week and most of our snacking. I'm not even sure how much we'll use the mugs with a coffee maker in the room. It's only DH and DD's bf that drink soda, etc so we may not even need to pay oop for more mugs.

Yes, we are going to try this with 2 rooms later this month. Getting the deluxe plan for one room and no plan for the other. Should cover all our most expensive TS for the week and most of our snacking. I'm not even sure how much we'll use the mugs with a coffee maker in the room. It's only DH and DD's bf that drink soda, etc so we may not even need to pay oop for more mugs.
Remember you can adjust the mix for the rooms to be favorable to the number of credits you might use and for those 3-9 if applicable. We normally get the Deluxe in this situation but we're doing 2 TS a day and use the snack credits for breakfast for danish or similar though occasionally we'll do a character breakfast. The credits are most valuable for the higher cost single credit locations and less so for the most expensive signature places. We aren't afraid to pay OOP for a counter service or even a lessor meal at a TS location. It doesn't sound like paying for extra mugs is going to be much of a value for you, we never have and we've always been fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter