Dining Plan Expiration time

Ashelleigh

Earning My Ears
We started planning our Disney Trip in May. AT the time, the CM advised our Dining Plan expires at midnight the day we checkout - and explained if we check out on Tuesday, our dining plan expires Tuesday night at Midnight.

Yesterday wasn't my day to call Disney - we had a last minute reservation change and it took 3 phone calls to get it all straight! The last phone call the CM advised we use our dining plan at midnight before checkout. She explained if we checked out on Saturday, then our dining credits had to be used by Friday night midnight.

Which of these is correct? If it's ok to use the credits the same day as checkout - did you have any issues doing so?

Thanks!!!

The CM is incorrect. The credits expire at midnight AFTER you have checked out.

As usual TDC Nala is correct.

For an example...last day of our last trip:

1. Checked out of Pop Century (although you don't even need to visit the front desk with the express check out.)
2. Visited Epcot.
3. Had lunch at Epcot with 3 quick service credits.
4. Returned to Pop for DME pickup.
5. At Pop, used our last 3 quick service credits, which we spaced out during the week so we could take sandwiches to go for the evening plane ride. We do this every time.
6. Also at Pop, used all our remaining snack credits on chocolates, candy and popcorn. We also seem to have to do this every time to use up the snack credits.

THank you for the replies!

I'm not sure what was going on with Disney yesterday (or with me) but I left 3 phone calls more confused than what I called for. My first phone call was to change the reservation and it took 25 minutes on hold and them calling a supervisor to see the available Disney package I saw online with the Free Dining Plan.

I'm just happy it's now fixed and I can finish planning our vacation!

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter