• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Plan Discounts Based on Length of Stay?

HelloChum

Mouseketeer
Just curious...other than advertised promotions...is the Dining Plan cost always $37.99/adult regardless of length of stay or does Disney sometimes reduce the cost per person per day for longer lengths of stay? (similar to the park tickets costing less per day for longer lengths of stay). Anyone hear of getting reduced Dining Plan cost with the new Visa Special? Thanks!

I thought I read that you needed a minimum stay of either 2 or 3 nights to get dining, not sure if that's true. The rate isn't discounted for longer stays.

Thanks...I did not think there was a discount...but CM told me there was one when I booked today...now i see she was comparing a My Way dining package price (w/o travel insurance) to a package price w/o dining but with travel insurance...hence an little over $100 "discount" (took a little investigative work on my part pricing things out on the Disney website to figure out if there really was a discount...) Oh well...I think we'll enjoy the Dining...discount or not!!

Thanks!!

HelloChum said:
Thanks...I did not think there was a discount...but CM told me there was one when I booked today...now i see she was comparing a My Way dining package price (w/o travel insurance) to a package price w/o dining but with travel insurance...hence an little over $100 "discount" (took a little investigative work on my part pricing things out on the Disney website to figure out if there really was a discount...) Oh well...I think we'll enjoy the Dining...discount or not!!

Thanks!!

Some of the CM just read what comes out of the computer. They might not realize that all of the discount is from the tickets and none of it is from dining.

:cool1: Last year during Sept if you got a Disney Pkg you could upgrade your ticket to include Dining at no cost. This is like the promotion that is going on in April and May wher you can upgrade your Pkg to include Park Hopper,Water Parks,Etc. Does anyone know if that will be available again this year and when?
04/05 POR
05/06 POR
Next 09/07 POR
:cool1: dh
:laundy: dm
pirate: ds

There are rumors that it might be, but nothing official yet. We should know within a week or two, and when we do know you can be sure there will be multiple threads about it here.

The DDP is a set price per day, there are no discounts.

And actually, you are charged per room night, not per day. In other words, one of the things that kept me from booking the DDP a few months ago was that our flight arrived around 10:00 p.m., and we knew we'd be getting to the resort around 11:00 p.m. via Disney's Magical Express.

So even though we'd be arriving around 11 o'clock at night, we'd still be forced to pay for the dining plan for that night, a waste of about $98 for us (2 adults, 2 kids). I know the credits would still be good during the length of our stay, but it's just so much fod that we wouldn't have been able to use those extra credits anyway. No way I was about to waste $100!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter