Dining Plan at Food & Wine Festival

Califgirl

A girl can dream
Sorry if there is already a thread about this - but I couldn't find it.

I am thinking of going to WDW Sept. 28 - Oct 3rd (5 nights). As I understand it, this is during the F&W Festival. I've had the DDP before and I loved it, but how will it fit with the F&W Festival? I don't want to end up spending a lot of extra money on food at the festival. Would I be better off to not have the DP? Are there any advantages to having the DP during the F&W Festival?

More importantly, is it to late (in your opinions) to get ADR's for this time frame since it is at the end of the free dining promotion?

Any help or opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

You might want to call now and see if you can get any ADRs... It's kind of nice to have the DDP for the Food & Wine Festival because you can use your snack credits to get samples at the booths. Sure beats buying ice cream bars with them... :)

I am going the same time as you. I also have the dining plan. I know that we will be snacking at F&W and also doing a wine pairing, so for the 5 nights worth of credits we chose to go to two, 2 credit TS, and one 1 credit TS. So we are getting the best of both worlds IMO. As far as the ADR's, I just made mine today and had no problems. Have fun!

one advantage, in my opinion, to having the DDP during the F&W festival is that you can use your snack credits at the food kiosks around the WS. Last year we weren't on the DP, and we spent quite a bit of $$ on tasting different kinds of foods. This year (got free dining) we'll save all our snack credits to use at EPCOT!

i'm also going during almost the exact same time frame as you are and was just able to modify our ADRs and get some new ones (CG) with no real problems except not being able to eat at Cali Grill during the fireworks (and honestly I hadn't expected that anyway!)

having the dining plan especially since it's free. To me it's a bonus to be able to do the plan while the F/W festival is going on. You get the best value at the F/W booths for the snack credits on the plan. Also, if you over eat with the F/W booths then save your other credits for another time. There are 2 credit dinner places you can use your plan on. Also, you could use your dinner credits for a fancy lunch and dinner on another day.

Now, if your 5 nights are strictly going to be at Epcot then I would make sure to use all my credits before paying for snacks at the booths. You can sample the wines and such and not use credits from the plan. I'm not a drinker, but I bet there are plenty of people who go for the enjoyment of all the offerings that way, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter