Dining Options

elkesails

Mouseketeer
What are the dinner time options if one does not want to have a full meal in the dining room...but still wants to eat healthy.

I think Topsiders is the only area for casual dinner...is that correct? is it just the buffet or do they have menu options ? What sorts of items are available?

Room Service poolside ...can you order room service poolside in the evening ?

Traveling with young children and fine dining are not necessarily compatible especially after a full day of activities.

We are looking for tips, suggestions and options

thanks

Topsiders during dinner is the same idea of food as in the main dining rooms. It is faster and less busy so a more peaceful environment though still same fancy big meals. Its basically a training area for new cooks/wait staff and so on (our waiter told us that).

Overall I am not a fan of the room service but that is my opinion.

Plutos is open but not exactly healthy, but quick. Goofy's is closed. Pinnochio's I believe closes for dinner time and reopens for the night.

When it comes to main dining room you can only order an Entree if you wish so it would be a little lighter.

I do not believe you can order poolside.

Room service must be delivered to a room, but you can take the tray up to the pool if you choose. Teens frequently order at night and take the tray elsewhere!

Deck 9 in the evening has a more casual atmosphere in the Topsider's area, but it is served to your table--you do have a salad bar that you serve yourself. It is a training area for new servers. It does not duplicate the downstairs menus, but has similar items...a beef, a chicken, a fish entree, etc. There are a reasonable number of choices.

If your issue is the children, take them to the regular dining rooms, but ask your server to expedite their food...many parents excuse themselves to take children to the Club/Lab part way thru the adult dinner!

As above, Pluto's is open in the evening, but Goofy's isn't.

Room service must be delivered to a room, but you can take the tray up to the pool if you choose. Teens frequently order at night and take the tray elsewhere!

Deck 9 in the evening has a more casual atmosphere in the Topsider's area, but it is served to your table--you do have a salad bar that you serve yourself. It is a training area for new servers. It does not duplicate the downstairs menus, but has similar items...a beef, a chicken, a fish entree, etc. There are a reasonable number of choices.

If your issue is the children, take them to the regular dining rooms, but ask your server to expedite their food...many parents excuse themselves to take children to the Club/Lab part way thru the adult dinner!

As above, Pluto's is open in the evening, but Goofy's isn't.

I appreciate the suggestion that we send the kids to the "club" and we hope to do that some evenings. Just looking for information on all the options. We have a barely 2 year old who is in a rough phase just now...not doing well when mommy leaves....so leaving her in the nursery may not work. We are hoping that she will be over this phase by the cruise. Also hoping that the CM in the nursery will let her cry a few minutes before we get a "page". Would love to hear from anyone with a similar experience.

This is good information. Does anyone know what times Topsiders serves? Also anyone from the 2007 Med cruises know if Topsiders was open every night on the Med cruise? We have late dining, which we prefer most nights. But if we have to get up really early for an excursions, eating at 8:15 the night before really desn't work well for me. By the time we finish dinner it can be 10:00 or later. I really can't go to to bed on a full stomach. So I would love an option that is more in the 6:30 or 7:00 range.

I appreciate the suggestion that we send the kids to the "club" and we hope to do that some evenings. Just looking for information on all the options. We have a barely 2 year old who is in a rough phase just now...not doing well when mommy leaves....so leaving her in the nursery may not work. We are hoping that she will be over this phase by the cruise. Also hoping that the CM in the nursery will let her cry a few minutes before we get a "page". Would love to hear from anyone with a similar experience.

If you tell the CMs in Flounder's nursery what you would like, they will work with you. The more information they have about your child and your desires, the better they can meet your expectations. There are parents who want to be called at the first whimper and parents who would prefer the child have 5 or 10 minutes to try to adjust to mom not being there. Unless you request otherwise, the CMs will try to engage your child in something for 5-10 minutes or so before paging--they want YOU to have a relaxing cruise also. Especially if you are going to Palo or the spa, let them know--they'll do everything possible to not interrupt those experiences. :goodvibes Don't get me wrong--they won't let a child cry without trying to comfort him/her or engage them in an activity, but they will do their best to not have to interrupt mom!:thumbsup2

This is good information. Does anyone know what times Topsiders serves? Also anyone from the 2007 Med cruises know if Topsiders was open every night on the Med cruise? We have late dining, which we prefer most nights. But if we have to get up really early for an excursions, eating at 8:15 the night before really desn't work well for me. By the time we finish dinner it can be 10:00 or later. I really can't go to to bed on a full stomach. So I would love an option that is more in the 6:30 or 7:00 range.

I would also like to know the menu as well. I am looking at doing a few dinners at Topsiders and I'd like to know what they offer.

I love this thread!!!

I'm also trying to find out what our choices are (not to say that we wont try the dining rooms, but I want to know all the options before I make my decision!)

If Goofy's is closed and Pluto's is open, can someone tell me what the difference is in what they serve -- sorry newbie here.:goodvibes

I love this thread!!!

I'm also trying to find out what our choices are (not to say that we wont try the dining rooms, but I want to know all the options before I make my decision!)

If Goofy's is closed and Pluto's is open, can someone tell me what the difference is in what they serve -- sorry newbie here.:goodvibes

For quick and easy fast food on the Disney Cruise Line, Pinocchio's Pizzeria and Pluto's Dog House serve pizza and hot dogs, burgers, chicken fingers, etc. at various times each day. To satisfy your sweet tooth, Scoops (on the Wonder) offers up ice cream and fresh fruit. On the Disney Magic and Wonder, you will find Goofy's Galley, a great spot to pick up a light snack such as wraps and fruit. There is also a milk, water, soft drinks, lemonade, tea and coffee station on Deck 9 aft that is available most of the time each day.

These kind of information you can find at the website of Disney but also from wdwinfo take also a look there for lots and lots of information about just everything...
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-overview.htm

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/onboard-activities/dining/search/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter