Dining help please <3

EEs*Mommy

Mouseketeer
I would love to hear what I should nix or add and why.
A little background we have not been to disney in a while. The last time we went was as a family of 4 with tweens now we are a family of 8 with prekers. This trip is a we will get to it if we get to it trip. We plan on taking it as slow as they need. And if they don't need slow Momma knows how to hit commando style quickly lol. The kids are pretty adventurous eaters but we are not sure how they will handle the trip so we are staying away from the nicer restaurants this time since my kids can go into melt down mode if over stimulated. These are our tentative food and big plans. We are hoping for a Feb trip. DS got a wish trip and we are just doing some prelim planning.

our first day we may look into a wishes cruise that night that has been our traditional thing with the older kids and might be an easy way to ease the little kids into WDW. If we do this the question becomes dinner where the first night? 1900 SOA? We will not have park tickets. We will move to our hotel on Monday, provided they still will let us do that. She told me we could reschedule our flights home.

AKL
Tusker House (breakfast)
Rainforest or Trex or AKL (dinner)

Epcot
Akerhaus (breakfast)
Coral Reef (dinner)

HS
breakfast at HS?
Toy Story

MK
Ohana (breakfast)
Pirates League
Crystal Palace (dinner)

MK
CRT (breakfast) (this is a must it is my oldest 2 and my hubs fav place to eat)
BBB
Be Our Guest (dinner)

Epcot or MK
Cape May (breakfast)
Beaches and Cream I am on the fence I know as a family of 4 it was a pain to get a table a family of 8 is that even possible? but we love beaches and cream (lunch)

If you want breakfast the HS day, maybe do Cape May first since you probably wouldn't want to eat a buffet breakfast then do lunch that last day.

For the last day I think it would be hard to get a table for 8 as the booths won't fit all of you and the table would probably be difficult to secure for 8. If you want good burgers and shakes, I would go to the Fountain at the Dolphin if you are in the area. Or just eat in Epcot. If you go to MK I would suggest Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch.

Well your selections look great but let me see if i can help you

1. HS bfast? Starring Rolls is good and it is a CS. If you want charecters and a buffet go to Hollywood and Vine. Otherwise go to Cape May Cafe at the BC

2. Be Our Guest?? There is no time for the opening of this restaurant yet and they are not taking ADR's as of yet so i do not know when your trip is planned for but unless it is the end of the year or next year this would not be a viable option.

3. beaches and cream depending on the time of year you go and timeo of day for that matter a party of 8 will be difficult but not impossible.

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking B&C was a bad thing for us but I guess I just needed to hear it.
We are likely going in Feb so Be Our Guest should be open unless they have some push backs which is always possible.

So if Beaches and Cream is out and you want burgers and shakes, I suggest Sci Fi at DHS. I do not really care for the breakfast opportunities at DHS so maybe just quick service or snack for breakfast and an early lunch at Sci Fi.

Another fun option would be Whispering Canyon Cafe - They have good milkshakes and should easily be able to accomodate a party of 8.

So if Beaches and Cream is out and you want burgers and shakes, I suggest Sci Fi at DHS. I do not really care for the breakfast opportunities at DHS so maybe just quick service or snack for breakfast and an early lunch at Sci Fi.

Another fun option would be Whispering Canyon Cafe - They have good milkshakes and should easily be able to accomodate a party of 8.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Thanks you are the second person that has suggested WCC to me. I probably need to look into that further :)

Yes! So many people with the same thoughts!

If you changed anything, I would not plan on B&C but rather try The Fountain at the Dolphin... I also recommend Sci Fi for Hollywood Studios Day, though your party may be split up because of its size - so 50s Prime Time might be a good alternative, fun place with great shakes! :thumbsup2

And finally, I also want to put in a good word for Whispering Canyon... just visiting Wilderness Lodge is a wonderful experience in itself, and that restaurant can be so fun! We love the endless skillet! In fact, if you want to leave MK midday for a break, a Whispering Canyon lunch might be a good option - less crowded at lunch, the skillet is considerably cheaper then compared to at dinner (and only has that really delicious sausage at lunch :lovestruc ), and the antics are taken down a notch, which is a good thing if you think that might be a bit of a sensory overload for the little ones at dinnertime.

Have fun continuing your planning! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter