Dining at FW- Pizzas? Refil Mugs?

suzannem

Earning My Ears
We are staying at Fort Wilderness Cabins in December 2011- first time!! Every year we purchase the refillable mugs from our resort. I have heard there are limited places to fill the mugs at FW. We will have OJ and coffee in our cabin in the morning. We are on the DDP and will eat almost all meals at the parks- we have a few at other resorts. Would your purchase the mugs to use at FW? I know the kids have loved being able to get soft drinks or tea at the end of the day.
We will not have a car and I am hoping to pick up some breakfast items at the Settlement Post at FW. Does anyone have an idea of options?
One last question: Is it possible to use 2 CS to buy a large pizza to go from Crockett's Tavern as we have done at Pop?
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :worship:

Unless you're using the mugs multiple times per day, probably cheaper to just buy beverages as you go. The mugs only hold about 1/2 of a bottle of soda. So it takes about 10 refills to break even. Get a few bottles and stick them in your fridge.

Thank you Havoc. Good idea- I am not sure if they sell 2 liter bottles at the Settlement Post. Buy a couple and put them in the refrigerator. I am not sure what our choices of groceries will be. I appreciate your response! Thanks!

I don't know whether they sell 2 liter bottles either, but unless you are drinking alot of soda, even buying the individual bottles may be cheaper. If each person is drinking a whole bottle of soda per day, then go with the mugs instead.

If you're thinking about buying any real quantity of grocery items a delivery service might be easier and more convenient than buying them at the Outpost and carrying them back to your cabin on the bus. We use WeGoShop because they don't have a minimum order and shop regular grocery stores so they work out to be a bit cheaper than Garden Grocer for us, but GG is popular as well.

The mug refill options at the cabins really aren't great. There's Trail's End which is down by the boat docks at the far end of the campground from the cabins, and Meadows Trading Post/Snack Bar, which is centrally located but the snack bar has short hours and unless something has changed in the last few months the trading post only has coffee/tea/cocoa.

I'm not sure about pizza from Crockett's but I've read that you can use CS credits for meals from Trail's To-Go at Trail's End. You'd probably have better luck finding accurate and up-to-date answers to that on the camping board. The folks over there are very helpful and really know the Fort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter