Ding rates

LoveMickey

<font color=red>Can't wait to feel the "wonder" of
I'm a creature of habit, I keep going into Sw to see if there are any better rates.

I got my first Ding rate this year.

Do I have to keep checking for better rates or is Ding the best rate I'll get?

:confused3

In my case, there was a ding rate that was better than the previous ding rate I signed up for. Both ding rates were better than the regularly published lowest fares. You just have to keep checking.

when you get a ding alert, how long do you have to book it? are the dates usually limited for the ding rate? (for example would the rate appear but the dates are only for the next two week departures). i am intrigued by the concept but don't know enough about it. thanks.

Ding fares are generally good for around 3 to 8 hours. The window for available dates of those fares varies. The Ding I got this morning is for flights from October 16 through December 16. Download the program to see how it works, you won't be sorry!

So Ding rates are better than on line rates always?

gw_lit said:
Ding fares are generally good for around 3 to 8 hours. The window for available dates of those fares varies. The Ding I got this morning is for flights from October 16 through December 16. Download the program to see how it works, you won't be sorry!

wow, i will download it. i always thought it was like the "must travel this weekend" type of notice. I had no idea...thanks a bunch.

LoveMickey said:
So Ding rates are better than on line rates always?

No, not always. Sometimes an internet sale can have better prices than a Ding fare. It just depends. I'd say the majority of times the Ding fare is the best fare, but not always. Just check all your options, pick a price that you're willing to book and then book when it gets there. If you find a price that beats it later, re-book and take your credit to use another time.

It will pay to keep checking Southwest will give you credit for the lower flights. :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

For DH's Extravagant Birthday Trip II, it was the Ding fare that first made me book. Then later in the summer an even lower fare showed up on an internet sale. So technically I guess we still haven't flown on a Ding fare!

Just a word of warning. Make sure your dates are correct when you book with Ding. It is really hard to change the reservation later. (I have been trying for 2 months to add just 1 more day and it will not allow me to without paying an extra $300)

Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter