dining log stardate 2023.01.23 to 2023.02.01

The legendary Shula's burger...legendary because it does not exist on the menu. Yes, this is from the kid's menu! You will not know it exists from the adult menu, and for some reason Shula's does not have a bar menu (where you will find the burger at Morton's and Ruth's Chris and the like.) I do not know if there is any guaranteed way to order it at the bar, my sense is they are technically not supposed to serve adults this but if you mention it and the bartenders like you they'll let you order it. It's good, just like all fancy steakhouse burgers.
20230128_174720.jpg

The Yachtsman bill. Apparently when you order the wagyu you are supposed to be taken on a little tour of the kitchen where you will watch the chef cut and weigh your filet. My server told me about this but then forgot to take me back. To make up for this (he was more upset about it than I was) he took my vodka and cranberry and my diet Coke off the bill, and I think he gave me extra Caymus for the same reason. I would rather have free stuff than a kitchen tour.
20230128_224129~2.jpg

This entry is from Friday, when I switched from the Grand Floridian to the Swan. Really wish the Swolphin was back on the Disney bus lines, having to schlep to the TTC to wait in an unsheltered parking lot for a bus is not at the level of the Disney Resort Experience the Swolphin is supposed to be.

On my way to the TTC I stopped by Steakhouse 71.

20230127_120228[5136].jpg

The Stack burger. This came out extremely quickly which makes me think they've just got them sitting back there, which would explain why the pork belly they put on it was dry and bland. Pork belly's gotta be fresh, just use bacon if you're not going to do it when you're making it. Waffle fries were fine.

20230127_120547[5137].jpg20230127_124609[5135].jpg

My impression, just going by star ratings, is that Steakhouse 71 is not especially beloved by the Disney dining public, and I was similarly not not very whelmed. The ambience resembles your standard restaurant at a Hilton Garden Inn. But it appears difficult to secure a non-breakfast reservation there so somebody seems to like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter