• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Digital Cameras

StilesMom

<Font color=0099FF>DIS Veteran<br><font color=FF00
I have a question for those of you with digital cameras. Is there any way to have the digital pictures "developed" onto regular print photo paper? I would love to have the convenience and quality of digital photos, but I love having "real" pictures. I realize that some computer printers can print copies, but I would like to have good quality prints. Any advice?

Melissa

Yes, you can upload your photo files to someplace like ofoto.com or photopoint.com and order prints from them. I have done it and they turn out great, as long as you have taken them with a high enough resolution. (more info is on the site about that). I'd love to send you a referral link to ofoto...you'd get 25 free prints for joining, and so would I! Send me your email addy if that's okay with you - my email is bluorchid2@yahoo.com.

You can buy Kodak paper and print them yourselves. They look great. We have also taken the chip to One Hour Photo and they now can print them onto Kodak paper direct from the chip. The down side to this - they don't make any changes (crop, etc.) However, this last trip, we had 4 copies of each picture printed and it worked out to be cheaper to have One Hour run them than printing them ourselves.

The problem with photos printed yourself is not the paper, but the ink. Regular inkjet ink will fade within a year or two. The places mentioned here (Wolf Camera and EzPrints) use real photo making equipment, paper and ink to print the pictures. Those photos will last as long as one from film. I'm not sure what your One Hour photo place does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter