digital cameras

Tinks

<font color=red>I had the hots for my accounting t
We are a family with 3 boys researching digital cameras to buy. We are looking at a Canon, Olympus, and Nikon all 4 megapixels and very similar. Any opinions on the quality of prints from these brands??? I ask because my dad has an expensive Sony top of the line digital camera and the color of the prints is just plain lousy, imo. We side by side tested it with a cheap Kodak and the color quality of the Kodak prints was better. Any ideas would be appreciated!

I bought my DH a Canon with 3.3 megapixels for Christmas. It is very small. Looks like a spy camera. It wasn't the one I ordered, but didn't figure it out until I went to wrap it the night before. I figured he could take it back if he didn't like it. Come to find out, it's the one he had been wanting. Takes great pictures. A little less costly than the 4 megapixels. Has several nice features. You can adjust the resolution for smaller or larger pictures.

DH bought dd and I a Cannon Elph for xmas. ONly a 2 mp, but ithey work great.

Cannon has a new 4 mp one that's just out.

We bought from www.buydig.com

herc.

I'm surprised to hear you say the prints from the Sony were poor - UNLESS you are talking about one of those cameras which use floppies. I've seen pictures taken with the Sony 707 and they look excellent. The only thing I didn't like about the Sony 707 was that the lens was so long. Any of the brands you mentioned should be fine. The thing to be careful of is not to use a low resolution setting, if you are planning to make prints.

My mom has the new Olympus and her prints are phenomenol. Course it does matter what printer you are using as well...in addition to the camera of course.

Got it last Friday from buydig.com I took it out for the first time to my son's tball game last Saturday. I am a total rookie. Did some reading on how to shoot sports pictures. Here are my very first pictures I shot with it. So far, I'm really, really happy with it. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me :teeth: Christine

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33f3e8bc49d

print quality is a function of the printer or lab printing as much as the camera.

I think the brand is less relivant that if the camera suits your needs and how you expect to use it. All of the brands you mention make great cameras.

You should be comfortable with the controls and how to get pictures into the PC.

If you are going to do sports picture you will need a longer lens 6x or up but that also means you have to hold the camera that much more still when you take pictures.

Check out the reviews of cameras at:
http://www.steves-digicams.com
http://dcresource.com/index.shtml

What Zurg said.

The prints made by any of the photo printers will pale in comparison with professional prints. I upload my digital photos to Shutterfly, and the prints are picture-perfect. And reasonably priced. Their lab has a very quick turnaround, and the prints are better than anything I can get locally. And WAY better than anything that comes off any consumer-level photo printer.

Thank you everyone! We are leaning toward the canon. We send our prints out too. I don't feel the quality is good when you print them on your own computer although some people think otherwise. We have sent our prints to Ofoto and have had good results except for the sony which was consistently off on the color, especially indoor shots. I'll let you know after our trip how it went and how the photos turned out! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter