• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Different Membership Numbers and Logins...joined together?

ELMC

DIS Veteran
So I know the site is experiencing problems, but I'm experiencing something that I think is extra weird. I have three BWV contracts. Two of them are in my name with a SEPT use year and have the same online login ID. The third is an AUG use year, is titled in my name and my wife's name and has a completely separate membership number and login ID.

This is where it gets weird. Regardless of which login ID I use, I can see my upcoming reservations under both accounts.

Thoughts?

Just guessing, but I know some people have been asking for all their various Disney log ins to be combined, so I think it's an enhancement and will be the way things work going forward.

Not sure if they intended to combine log ins from different memberships, though. This may be another case where the developers do not totally understand how or why DVC is different from the "average" user of Disney websites.

Right now my two membership numbers still require me to log-in separately. No crossing over of any information. Although when I have called ms they are able to see everything for both memberships, upcoming vacations, waitlists.

My wife suggested that maybe my browser was caching info on reservations and possibly trying to combine it. When I opened a fresh browser everything was back to normal. But I also think that what you suggested, Carol could also explain what was happening.

As an aside, when I called MS yesterday the CM said that I should be able to log on to the website, despite me (and just about everybody else) getting the "Down for Maintenance" message. Again, weird.

....(snip)......As an aside, when I called MS yesterday the CM said that I should be able to log on to the website, despite me (and just about everybody else) getting the "Down for Maintenance" message. Again, weird.
Even though we both access the same database, it's certainly possible that our website/booking engine can be down even if the system MS uses is not down. So my best guess is that the CM made an assumption based on the MS system being up and running OK. Our website was definitely down for a period of time yesterday.

So I know the site is experiencing problems, but I'm experiencing something that I think is extra weird. I have three BWV contracts. Two of them are in my name with a SEPT use year and have the same online login ID. The third is an AUG use year, is titled in my name and my wife's name and has a completely separate membership number and login ID.

This is where it gets weird. Regardless of which login ID I use, I can see my upcoming reservations under both accounts.

Thoughts?

Guess that answers the question I was wondering about if Disney can track the same member even across contracts titled differently.

A few months ago, prior to the new enhanced websites we see, I had call ms, given my name, and name only at that moment, and was going to proceed with my member number, was stopped and told that I can see both your membership numbers on my screen.

The memberships have our names worded differently, but they verified that the same member can be tracked across multiple memberships.

Mine is the same way. I contacted the person who is responsible for "building" our memberships (that's what she called it) and she said that mine was built incorrectly. She would have to deactivate one of my memberships, reconstruct the membership and log in account (so not just the computer log in, but the entire way it's reflected in the system) in order for me to log in and see both memberships.

She made it sound very burdensome and is very reluctant to do it. It's been 2 years of emails back and forth, and each time she claims that she doesn't want to do it if I have ANY reservations pending.

Well of course I ALWAYS have reservations pending. :laughing:

After our summer trip, she'll be hearing from me again.

I wanna make sure my memberships are linked correctly in case they ever build a "tier" system for benefits based on number of points owned.

We have three different membership numbers with 3 different Use Years and have always been able to see all memberships and contracts using one login since the beginning of the Member website. At one time we even had a 4th unique membership # and UY and that was also under the same DVCmember.com login.

It sounds like they may be trying to get everyone back to a single login for all of their DVC memberships although I'd think this would only be practical for memberships deeded the same - as memberships with different owners should not be cross-referenced from a privacy and security issue.

Two membership numbers with different resorts and use years, only one website login needed to see both. Member numbers are listed separately in a drop-down menu.

I've always been able to access both contracts with a single log in. And it is doing it now, too.

I have 2 member numbers with 2 different use years. I have never been able to see both with one login. Have always had to login separately to view either one. Still the same on dvcmember for me now. One contract is in my husband's and my name and the other is only my name.

I have 2 member numbers with 2 different use years. I have never been able to see both with one login. Have always had to login separately to view either one. Still the same on dvcmember for me now. One contract is in my husband's and my name and the other is only my name.

We have two memberships and can see the, both with one log in. But, ours are titled the same--in both my and DH's names. Since yours are titled differently, I bet that's the reason you have to have different log ins

My two memberships are titled exactly the same....my problem is explained in my post above. :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter