Difference in ocean view cabins

ckelly14

DIS Veteran
Considering a Disney cruise to Europe in 2015. Obviously, it's still unknown what will be offered in 2 years, but I'm hoping the newly renovated Magic is in Europe once again.

Considering the various room types, I'm thinking 2 connecting Ocean View cabins (cat 9)will be the same price (or cheaper) than one Family Oceanview cabin with Veranda. I noticed that Categories 9A is also substantially more expensive than 9B-D on the lower levels (about $2,100 more than 9A for 2 staterooms). Is 9A worth it?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Considering a Disney cruise to Europe in 2015. Obviously, it's still unknown what will be offered in 2 years, but I'm hoping the newly renovated Magic is in Europe once again.

Considering the various room types, I'm thinking 2 connecting Ocean View cabins (cat 9)will be the same price (or cheaper) than one Family Oceanview cabin with Veranda. I noticed that Categories 9A is also substantially more expensive than 9B-D on the lower levels (about $2,100 more than 9A for 2 staterooms). Is 9A worth it?

Any comments would be appreciated.

The windows in 9a,b and c are the same. 9d has two smaller windows but the room sizes are all the same.

Thanks. I did understand about the windows.

I guess I was curious if anyone thought a cat 9 on deck 5-7 is worth significantly more (in my case, $2000 more) then a cat 9 on deck 2.

My answer is a big NO but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something....

We are Cat 9 Deck 2 dwellers (at least 9 of our cruises). I LOVE Deck 2 - we always are midship starboard side. Love the large porthole and "close" to the water. enjoy sitting in the room looking at the wave roll by (but I don't spend a lot of time in the room).

Especially on the Classic Ships ... Deck 2 is ...
... easy stairclimbing when returning from ports - only 1 flight up and no waiting for elevators.
... only one flight up to Lumier's/Triton's and Parrot Cay/Carioca's
... only 2 flights up to Animators
... only 2 flights up to the WD Theater. Easy access to the room to change cloths if needed before the late night activities
... Only 1 flight up to the entertainment district (Route 66 / Beat Street / After Hours)
All of these we use the long corridor on deck 2 to walk to forward, mid, aft and "pop up" to where we are heading. No fighting crowds.

Additionally, we take the stairs everywhere all the time (except to Palo). Chant with me now as we climb the stairs to deck 10 ... "get to eat more deserts, get to eat more deserts..."

But I don't want to oversell deck 2, there are drawbacks to it - the veranda people will look down upon you for staying in steerage ;) Well very few do.

jrabbit said:
We are Cat 9 Deck 2 dwellers (at least 9 of our cruises). I LOVE Deck 2 - we always are midship starboard side. Love the large porthole and "close" to the water. enjoy sitting in the room looking at the wave roll by (but I don't spend a lot of time in the room).

Especially on the Classic Ships ... Deck 2 is ...
... easy stairclimbing when returning from ports - only 1 flight up and no waiting for elevators.
... only one flight up to Lumier's/Triton's and Parrot Cay/Carioca's
... only 2 flights up to Animators
... only 2 flights up to the WD Theater. Easy access to the room to change cloths if needed before the late night activities
... Only 1 flight up to the entertainment district (Route 66 / Beat Street / After Hours)
All of these we use the long corridor on deck 2 to walk to forward, mid, aft and "pop up" to where we are heading. No fighting crowds.

Additionally, we take the stairs everywhere all the time (except to Palo). Chant with me now as we climb the stairs to deck 10 ... "get to eat more deserts, get to eat more deserts..."

But I don't want to oversell deck 2, there are drawbacks to it - the veranda people will look down upon you for staying in steerage ;) Well very few do.

Good to know. Just got upgraded to 9c deck 2.

Great information, Thanks!
jrabbit: Any other negatives?

I'd love to come up with more negatives - helps reduce "demand" and keeps the prices low for me ;);)

We actually got upgraded once to a Handicap accessible room on the Magic - don't recall which deck. Was a huge room (heck the bathroom was about the size of a normal stateroom), a very large veranda, and I missed my deck 2 room. REALLY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter