Difference between Dedicated vs. Lockout 2-BR at BLT

wdrl

DIS Veteran
I understand that a "lockout" two-bedroom unit is actually adjoining studio and one-bedroom units. Thus, a "lockout" has both the full kitchen from the one-bedroom as well as the studio's mini kitchen with the wet bar, microwave, and mini-fridge.

In a dedicated two-bedroom unit, does it still have the mini kitchen? If there is no mini-kitchen, how is the floor plan modified?

Is Bay Lake Tower the only DCV property with dedicated and lockout two-bedroom units?

Here is a picture that will give you the floor plan of the dedicated two bedroom:

http://www.contemporaryresort.net/images/Two_Bedroom.jpg

The dedicated two bedroom does not have the mini-kitchen that the lock-off two bedroom does.
The dedicated two bedroom has two full queen beds. The lock-off has one queen bed and a full sized sleeper sofa.
The dedicated two bedroom only has one entrance to the outside hallway through the living room. The lock-off has two entrances to the outside hallway, one in the living room and the other in the 2nd bedroom.

Which one you get, probably depends on your situation.
If you are traveling will younger children, you will probably want the dedicated, so that they can't get out of the villa without going through the living room.
If you are traveling with older children, you will probably want the lock off so that they can go off and do their own thing at night and come back without disturbing you, or waking any younger children you may have sleeping in the living room. Gives them more sense of independence as well.
If you are traveling with friends or another family, you will probably want the lock off so that they can have some privacy and don't have to disturb you to get back to their room if they are out late.

Each has their own advantages and disadvantages.

The dedicated vs lock-off amenities are the same at every resort that has dedicated rooms. The mini kitchen is replaced with a storage area. You also only get one internet connection and a single AC thermostat in a dedicated 2 bedroom.

I know Vero Beach and Beach Club Villas both have dedicated two bedroom units. There may be some others...

I think BWV is the only one without dedicated 2 bedrooms, all are lockoffs.

Thanks for the responses! There are times a dedicated unit may work for us, and other times when a lockoff would make more sense

As far as I know, only BWV and Jambo do NOT have dedicated 2 bedroom units.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter