Didnt know what kidani was at ME!

DeeCee735

"How Do You Know of the Key?"
I am currently waiting for my guest to arrive from MCO. She is using ME to get here. I came in yesterday. This is her first time using ME to get to Disney and first time staying in KIDANI. I mailed her the ME voucher and luggage tags since they wouldn't mail directly to her address. I'm the member and she is flying in from a different state than I. She gets to the buses and says she's coming to KIDANI and they (ME CM's)tell her there is no KIDANI! I have to say I get more incorrect info than correct from CM's. yesterday I asked the cm at the entry gate to EPCOT if I can buy my TIW card inside at guest relations and they tell me no I have to buy at ticket window in front of entrance! Wrong. I bought it inside at guest relations. Prior to that I asked the concierge to look at my husbands 10 day no expire to see how many days are left but she can't get her reader to work....hence the stop in guest relations for both ticket reading and TIW card. Not so much complaining, as I am venting at how much longer misinformation can make things happen.

I am currently waiting for my guest to arrive from MCO. She is using ME to get here. I came in yesterday. This is her first time using ME to get to Disney and first time staying in KIDANI. I mailed her the ME voucher and luggage tags since they wouldn't mail directly to her address. I'm the member and she is flying in from a different state than I. She gets to the buses and says she's coming to KIDANI and they (ME CM's)tell her there is no KIDANI! I have to say I get more incorrect info than correct from CM's. yesterday I asked the cm at the entry gate to EPCOT if I can buy my TIW card inside at guest relations and they tell me no I have to buy at ticket window in front of entrance! Wrong. I bought it inside at guest relations. Prior to that I asked the concierge to look at my husbands 10 day no expire to see how many days are left but she can't get her reader to work....hence the stop in guest relations for both ticket reading and TIW card. Not so much complaining, as I am venting at how much longer misinformation can make things happen.

It's really Animal Kingdom Lodge though. It would be like saying you wanted to go to the Bayou section when talking about POR.

She gets to the buses and says she's coming to KIDANI and they (ME CM's)tell her there is no KIDANI!

ME isn't really Disney, really just an outside contract. I've had drivers that went through list of stuff you can do to save money at Disney, and even advertised for the other resorts on the way to the airport.

Sorry to hear about the CM at the parks. Blame it on those college interns!

It's really Animal Kingdom Lodge though. It would be like saying you wanted to go to the Bayou section when talking about POR.

She got on the animal kingdom lodge bus and told the driver she was going to Kidani. He told her (and the other two families travelling here ) "there is no Kidani, that's not on my list". The two families and my friend got off the bus, had whatever luggage they had taken out of the bus, went to the ME counter and had to explain this to them. They then sent someone over to the buses to explain to the driver that Kidani was actually the second stop at AKL. Oy, what a pain for those just wanting to get here. Makes me remember why I used to pay for private car service:) and may very well again. Two hours 15 minutes from landing to resort with a carry on:scared1:

She got on the animal kingdom lodge bus and told the driver she was going to Kidani. He told her (and the other two families travelling here ) "there is no Kidani, that's not on my list". The two families and my friend got off the bus, had whatever luggage they had taken out of the bus, went to the ME counter and had to explain this to them. They then sent someone over to the buses to explain to the driver that Kidani was actually the second stop at AKL. Oy, what a pain for those just wanting to get here. Makes me remember why I used to pay for private car service:) and may very well again. Two hours 15 minutes from landing to resort with a carry on:scared1:

That's ridiculous! Of course, the drivers are not Disney employees, so they may not be familiar with all of the resort nuances, but you would think they would eventually know about Kidani if they make several trips to that resort on any given day!

Makes me remember why I used to pay for private car service:) and may very well again. Two hours 15 minutes from landing to resort with a carry on:scared1:

This is why we always pay for a private car! Tiffany Towncar is the best!!! We're there in an hour, tops!

I thought you meant at the airport. That stinks! I'm grateful we usually rent a car. Not a fan of WDW travel in general. One time on the way home taking ME we almost missed our flight. We checked into the ME bus ontime. The family behind us did not. Their flight was earlier so they put them on the bus and had us wait for the next one. That was the last time we took me.

This is why we always pay for a private car! Tiffany Towncar is the best!!! We're there in an hour, tops!

What do they charge? I think we are going that route next time. It took us a couple of hours last time to get to BCV, which is the 3rd or 4th stop (felt like the 9th!). Of course it's "free", so you get what you pay for, but if I was a deluxe concierge BC guest staying for $700 a night I would be a bit miffed to be the 4th stop.

TTC is about $140 after gratuity for round trip. Well worth it in our book.

Non Disney services can mess up too. We used a car service to get from Kidani to the Royal Pacific hotel at Universal Studios Orlando. We waited and waited; got approached from many available taxis and services. But I knew I ordered a car seat for my little one and none had what I had asked for. Then I get a text asking if I was going to be ready soon. It turns out that my driver was at the original buildings at Animal Kingdom and within ten minutes after correcting him; he showed up. Everything was perfect from then on.

What do they charge? I think we are going that route next time. It took us a couple of hours last time to get to BCV, which is the 3rd or 4th stop (felt like the 9th!). Of course it's "free", so you get what you pay for, but if I was a deluxe concierge BC guest staying for $700 a night I would be a bit miffed to be the 4th stop.

TTC is about $140 after gratuity for round trip. Well worth it in our book.

The last time I went to WDW; that was the price I paid for car rental for the week. Some people don't like to drive in WDW but I love to. I love being on my own schedule and being guaranteed a seat. I love having the option to go off site whether it be to the store or another attraction. YMMV.

Disney, and I am sure DME has a huge turn over of employees because they pay so poorly. Some barely speak English and they may have not done that job or driven that route before. Same thing can happen with a car or taxi service.

The best advice is to know Disney better than the people who work there. Push them a little in the direction you want to go and get management involved if necessary.

:earsboy: Bill

The last time I went to WDW; that was the price I paid for car rental for the week. Some people don't like to drive in WDW but I love to. I love being on my own schedule and being guaranteed a seat. I love having the option to go off site whether it be to the store or another attraction. YMMV.

Yes, but then you have to USE it. :-) We're not venturing offsite yet and the idea of trekking strollers, dealing with car seats, and finding parking spots sounds :scared: to us at this point.

Maybe some day we'll see the value in a rental car. Just not yet.

Yes, but then you have to USE it. :-) We're not venturing offsite yet and the idea of trekking strollers, dealing with car seats, and finding parking spots sounds :scared: to us at this point.

I totally understand. We go enough that we know our way around quite well. Have never had trouble finding a parking spot and much prefer putting the strollers in the trunk rather than having to lug them on and off the bus. We used the carseats on the plane so we had them anyway. To some, they don't even want to think about driving. I completely understand. I am somewhat of a control freak so like being in control of my own schedule. ;)

You're still using strollers (I assume), carseats are installed once and forgotten about until you uninstall them at the end, and parking is EASY. Driving is EASY if you just look at the signs and know where you are going (I mean, know what area you are going to...like "epcot resort area" or "magic kingdom resorts"). Easy easy easy. If you miss a turn, you will drive a bit extra, but eventually will see another sign to help you. And maps are easy to come by when you ask CMs, or if you have a smartphone with a maps application (and another driver to navigate with it), that's helpful too. (I don't find the actual GPS units to be overly helpful...I just like having a map of where I am exactly and where I am going)

We took the bus to MK on the 13th from Kidani and it was just miserable. Long wait, people I don't particularly want to be around, and not on our schedule *at all*. We could have been to MK, including parking and taking monorail and boat, *easily* by the time we got there on the bus. And then the giggle-worthy concept of being dropped "at" the front gates. Not when you have a walk *longer* than the walk from monorail or boat, from the bus stop du jour.

We took a cab back to Kidani that day. Worth it. Drove the rest of the time.

ccgirl said:

Loved our rental car on our trip two weeks ago. Yes, installing the rented car seat was the usual trial. But we survived. Zipped to and from MCO. Easy trip from WL to Animal Kingdom for EMH. Went to an off-site Mexican restaurant when we tired of "park food". Would not plan another trip without a rental.

In the future, most airlines do not charge a baggage fee for car seats. They will wrap it in a bag and you can pick it up at luggage claim. I cannot believe what rental car companies charge per day for car seats, it's a rip off.

With all the money being spent, it's funny how just a few minutes difference between GETTING your own bags GOING to a taxi, or car service & then arriving at your resort, after paying a nominal fee, is better then putting your bags on the plane when you leave your home airport & not seeing them again until check in. (As in M.E.)

Just the non aggravation of going to get your luggage is well worth ME, not to mention the extra money you spend.

True it may take a lil longer / or not but Don't we all remember we're in WDW. Things take time....There are plenty of lines for rides and/or food that I'm sure you wait longer than this.

For me honestly my trip officially starts with the ME ride to WDW....They set the mood for the whole trip... Obvious to each his/her own, but just wanted to chime in.

In the future, most airlines do not charge a baggage fee for car seats. They will wrap it in a bag and you can pick it up at luggage claim. I cannot believe what rental car companies charge per day for car seats, it's a rip off.

Yes they do charge a fortune for car seats. We have a bag that will hold an infant carrier and base, or a full toddler 5 point harness seat, or now that they both are in boosters, I can fit a high back booster and a normal booster in it. Even spirit (or so their website says) will not charge a checked bag fee for car seats if the child has a paid seat. We always bring our own seats with us when renting a car. However we don't rent a car at disney. While the ME service leaves something to be desired on the efficiency side....I don't know my way around Orlando or Disney properties for that matter....nor do I care to. Sur ei have google maps on my phone, but we all have our "things" for vacation. Some look at DVC kitchens and say...I'm not cooking on vacation. Me? Well mine is I'm not driving on vacation. Maybe some day when the kids are older and we explore other things that are non disney, but for now we stick with disney transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter