Did your kids sit through the shows?

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
I have a 2 and a 5 year old boys. I'm not really worried about the 5 year old. He may get a bit restless but the 2 year old I'm kind of worried about. I want to test the waters to see if he'll enjoy the evening shows, but wondering how old your kids were when they started enjoying the shows?

I have a 2 and a 5 year old boys. I'm not really worried about the 5 year old. He may get a bit restless but the 2 year old I'm kind of worried about. I want to test the waters to see if he'll enjoy the evening shows, but wondering how old your kids were when they started enjoying the shows?

Can't answer this as our "kids" were adults when we took them on DCL. But, as a suggestion, why not sit a bit toward the rear of the theater, on the aisle? That way you can make an easy exit, if necessary. I'd certainly give it a try, if it were me.

Toward the back is a bit nicer, also, since the sound level on some of the show is really loud (to me) and could be troublesome for younger ones.

Our DD5 enjoyed the shows and watched them all in awe. (That said, we did skip seeing The Last Jedi on the first night and a variety show later in the cruise, so we only did 4 live shows and one movie.)

She likely wouldn't have done that at two years old.

The shows are around 45 minutes long on the ship (vs. a 1 1/2-2 hr long theater production on land), so it's possible your 2 yr old would be good with that. I agree with sitting next to an aisle, so you can leave if he starts getting too disruptive.

We had a 3 and 5 year old and they enjoyed the live shows. The 3 year old got a little scared in some parts but overall was just fine.

Even if your kids get a little unruly, you can always get up and leave.

I suggest sitting up in the balcony where there are less people, and it's easier to get up and go.

My 2 1/2 year old just sat through the Tangled show (loved it!) a few weeks ago. Other than being tired, b/c we're in the late show to get the early dinner. My oldest, who is now 5, struggled to sit through the shows b/c they were so loud (Villians used to be loud even to my standards). We bring headphones for her to wear in the theater so she gets a muted sound. We always sit near the back, and leave a little early. But give it a try. If it doesn't work out, they play the shows in the stateroom. Just find the channel. It's not live, but that way you don't miss out, and they can watch in bed if they have to.

Thanks for the tips. We will take him and sit in the balcony section. Worse case scenario, we leave early and put him in the nursery for any subsequent shows.

When our youngest was three it was a no-go. But our two older kids (5 and 7 at the time) we’re fine. Kids are different, but two feels possibly problematic.

If they end up being too tired or antsy, you can view the show in your stateroom on TV. Not the same but better than missing it all together.

Thanks for the tips. We will take him and sit in the balcony section. Worse case scenario, we leave early and put him in the nursery for any subsequent shows.
I don't know what ship you're on, but only the Dream & Fantasy have balcony sections.

We do late dinner so early show. I could care less if my kids (now grandkids) fell asleep during dinner but I did want them awake for the shows.

In October we took our 2 year old granddaughter on the Magic and she absolutely loved the stage shows. We sat on an aisle about 10 rows back and she was mesmerized. We loved watching her reactions to everything. We did not take her to the variety acts.

She has been a fan of Disney music since she was an infant (started with Disney lullabies). Pre cruise we loved watching YouTube clips together of different Disney songs that I knew would be in the shows. She also loved all the character meet and greets this time which was a big difference from when she was a 1 year old and terrified of them.

Every day since October she asks to go back on the Mickey Boat. Can't wait to take her again.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter