Did you watch the concert at Buck House? ..... and those incredible fireworks?

WDWfan uk

<font color=red>.... but you can call me Shirley :
........what was the highlight of the concert for you? I thought things really got started with Annie Lennox singing "Sisters are doing it for themselves" and Joe Cocker with a little help from the fantastic musicians and backing group were outstanding. ( Pity S Club 7 didn't mime to a tape - he was out of tune the whole way through)

...... and didn't you think the fireworks were extraordinary? I never thought I'd see the day when the Palace would be the focal point of such an amazing display! AWESOME!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Due our own village celebrations, we only caught the last couple of hours . . just when Annie Lennox started singing "Why?".... beautiful.

Thought the whole thing was just fabulous - the fireworks were stunning . . well worth staying up past my bedtime for;)

Looking forward to a bit more pomp and pageantry today.

I thought the costumes worn by Nuclear ***** were very nice :)

On a more serious note :) - I really enjoyed Eric Clapton.

After watching the Beach Boys chap I have come to the conclusion that he was actually dead and the guy who worked Kermit was brought in to operate him :)

We enjoyed the concert too. Tim, I totally agree with you about the Beach Boys chap - what was he doing :D

Kaylee

We went to London to see all the celebrations. On Monday we got an incredible spot midway between the Palace and the beacon on the Queen Victoria Memorial. We were lucky enough to get a patch of grass so we set ourselves up for the day with a blanket and a picnic. We listened to the musicians rehearsing in the Palace Gardens throughout the day. We had Jenny Bond and Nicholas Owen reporting only feet away.
We were able to watch the concert on a huge screen at the front of the Palace. It was only then I realised how huge the crowd was. The concert was incredible and the atmosphere was just wonderful. Highlights for me were The Corrs, Eric Clapton, Joe Cocker and Annie Lennox. The fireworks were just AMAZING. It was an absolutely FANTASTIC day, one my DS Stevie will remember all his life. I'm so glad we were there. :D :D :D
Yesterday we showed up at the same time hoping to get a similar spot but the crowds were so big that they had already closed the end of The Mall. We couldn't get a very good spot so we just settled down infront of a big screen halfway along and soaked up the atmosphere. We were able to see most of the big floats above the heads of the crowd and obviously we saw the flypast. It was an INCREDIBLE event. :D :D :D
Tracy

Wow Tracy :) ........ I can just imagine how terrific it must have been to actually be there :)
The organisation of these events was really quite outstanding and what an incredible job the police did too !!

I recorded the concert here in the US on VH1, and watched it last night... Sharon Osbourne was the host. I enjoyed the show... and am in agreement about our Beach Boy friend.

The highlight for me was Joe Cocker... I thought he was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter