did you come from stability?

Pretty much. Other than my Dad being gone most of the time flying for the Air Force and moving a million times, we had stability of routine - dinners together, church every time the doors were open, Sunday dinners with my grandparents, etc.

I thought that I did, but looking back it was mostly fake/forced “stay together for the kids sake” that ended up messing with the kids more than helping.

Last edited:
100% - thank you Dad and Mom, and the generations that laid the foundation before them. :lovestruc

Nope... father died when I was 13 (and the oldest of 4), mother crawled into a bottle. I became the "parent" practically overnight. Someone had to take on the responsibility for my sibs (who were 10, 5, and 4 when my father died). I did as good a job as I could (and my sisters will attest to that), but there wasn't anyone really there for me.

Yep. I miss my parents everyday (they died when I was 29 and 37) and know how blessed I am.

For the most part. My mother suffered from depression and struggled with parenting. I was her least favorite child and that rejection played a big part in who I became—for both better and worse.

But I had a really great father and involved grandparents. Financially we were comfortable and lived a very middle to upper middle class life. We attended good schools and were able to afford college. My dad still lives in the house my parents bought when they got married.

I can say yes with complete certainty because, although my Dad was an alcoholic, my mother kept us completely stable and for the most part happy. I say for the most part because I had depressive/anxious tendencies even as a child, which my mom couldn't have helped. We were also blessed with the love and support of my grandparents on my Mom's side, and a large extended family. Stuff happened yes, but my mother had the backbone to overcome it. I was loved by the best.

I did. My parents have been pretty happily married for over 50 years. My parents supported pretty much everything I did. I know how blessed I am.

No, I lived in 30 to 40 foster homes in total before I was finally adopted. Sometimes went to 3 different schools within the same week. Stability was not part of my life at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter