Did some shopping for WDW today-got some decent buys

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
The computers were down at work, so what's a girl to do? Go shopping of course! We have just under a month to go, so I'm always on the lookout for disney deals! My first stop was Walmart. I was returning a phone I had bought on clearance for 40. The rep mentioned that the phone was now priced at 20, so I commented that I would have kept it for that price. Believe it or not, she sold it back to me for 20! Did I walk right out of there with my new found fortune? Nope! I also bought the following: Eeyore and Piglet outfits for 9.73 each for DD2 (they also had Minnie, Pooh, Tigger, Dalmations, Mickey-all with the hat with the ears attached), clearance denim capri w/elastic waist 9, George white capri clearanced at 7, shiny red skirt with red/white polka dots peeking out of the pleats (looking suspiciously like an inconspicuous Minnie skirt) clearanced at 3. for DD12, a large MISTY MATE for 11. (they had these in several colors, hidden on a rack over by the toy section-go get'em!), and a reg price Pirates shirt (with Johnny Depp) for 7.83. They also had a few winners that I didn't purchase- Juniors Tink shirts marked down to 5., as well as Tink tanks (say that 5 times fast), and water suits with the floats built in for kids.
Since I was already in the car, and it was on the way home, and I had DD2 with me (who was sufficiently well behaved in Walmart), I stopped at Toys R Us. Be forewarned....the following information may cause you to defy all sense of reason and hop in your car which will drive itself to Toys R Us......
They still have 50% off green tag clearance. Would have been nice if it was now 75% off, but they still have a load of stuff, half of which I bought (actually, I only got a few Powertouch books at 7.50 each, plus a Leapfrog book, a Strawberry Shortcake button maker refill kit for 2.50, and two 12x12 scrapbook albums for 7.50 each). They also have 10 off any stroller over 40 (which, if you're looking at buying the Trendsport Lite, normally priced at 39.99, counts as over 40). So guess which stroller I bought for WDW? I hope the 10 off is worth the tongue lashing DH will be giving me for buying yet ANOTHER stroller...I got two Megapacks of Especially for baby pull ups (40 per pkg) for 15, and 2 twopacks of Playtex DISNEY sippy cups for 6 each (they were 2 off per two pk pkg).
All in all, I spent some $, but I saved some $, so let's call it even!
Sorry this turned into a trip report. I hope it helps someone, but more importantly, I hope it actually posts....

Sounds like you got a lot of great stuff! I went to Wal-mart and found the Mickey pj's everyone's been talking about! Yeah.

The smaller cups had one each of Cinderella and Snow White. They are really adorable, and on sale! I will probably take two to WDW with us. She can already drink out of a regular cup, but I'd like to try to avoid spills while we are touring the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter