Did Marvel ever sponsor floats in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
Way before being part of Disney I happened to learn that Marvel used to sponsor their own floats in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in 1987 and 1989 and on Youtube Mom and I found a clip of a Marvel float that appeared in the 1989 parade and it features singer Melba Moore singing the Bonnie Tyler hit Holding Out For A Hero and while she is singing Marvel heroes Captain America The Incredible Hulk Wolverine Spiderman and Silver Surfer show off their hero skills in battle and was a great float and Mom thinks they got inspiration for the Turboman parade scene in Jingle All The Way from this float. Weird enough as the float disappears off into the sunset the Spiderman balloon appears in the parade. I wonder why Marvel hasn't had any more floats or balloons in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parades anymore since the Spiderman balloon was retired? It would be cool if Marvel did another float with all the Guardians Of The Galaxy characters in Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade someday maybe even have a Groot or Iron Man balloon as well. Wouldn't that be so cool?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter