did dolphin spotlight tour--any ques???

lghost

Mouseketeer
Hi-
Was just at seaworld on wed. We did the dolphin tour with my 3 kids, 10, 8 and 2. Was very informative and got a good closeup with the dolphins and the chance to be one-on-one with the trainer.

If anyone has the tour booked and has any questions, I would be happy to answer them!

Hi - My family and I are are going to Orlando at the end of August. We were originally going to do Discovery Cove but much to my surprise it's already sold out for the days we are going to be near SeaWorld. I was looking at the SeaWorld website and was considering the Dolphin Spotlight tour for my family - myself, my DH, daughter 12 1/2 and son 9 1/2.
What did you think of the experience?
Thanks-
Kelly

My answer depends upon what you are looking for.

The first thing I would say that was a con was that you are in the sun...alot. My kids were very uncomfortable standing out in the sun. It was very hot! I do think that the tour should take that into consideration a little more.

The tour starts going backstage at believe where you see the dolphins swimming around in the tanks. Here you get mostly info about training the dolphins etc.

Next, you move to the "behind the scenes" where they quarantine animals and keep dolphins in a separate area that aren't currently being used in shows. We did get to stand very close to the edge and the dolphins would come up to get a closer look.

Next and last--and the best part--, you went to the main dolphin area and they paired each family with a trainer. Then you and your trainer stood together and they demonstrated how they do tricks etc. We got to pet the dolphin and ask the trainer questions.

We got some great pictures from the seaworld photographers. We're glad we did it but it doesn't come close to getting in the water with one.
Hope this helps you make your decision...

Thanks. I do realize that it wouldn't really compare to the experience at DC - but considering the cost is a LOT less and you do get some time with the dolphins I thought it would be worth trying.
Being in the "HOT" sun is a little intimidating though - expecially since we are going to be there near the end of August.
Thanks for the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter