Did Disney drop the dress code?

TeamRiley

Mouseketeer
Just got back and was very underwhelmed but what some people were wearing. I wouldn't want to see that at the beach, let alone flopping around on the rides at Disneyland. My big question is, do people actually think they look good that way

Last edited:

So you are all basically OK with nudity at Disneyland?
I definitely wouldn't be okay with nudity, but with just "skimpy" clothing I don't mind it so much with adults as long as I'm not seeing anything too intimate (lol). But it really gets me with younger girls. I remember seeing a gal at DCA once, she was clearly a minor, maybe 14 or 15? Her shorts were so short that it was pretty much like jean underwear. It made me uncomfortable, not because I'm a prude, but because I noticed older men gawking at her. I get the heat aspect, but it was just over the top for a theme park.

I was there the weekend it was 106 degrees earlier this month. It was not uncommon to see guests walking around in what was essentially bathing suits. I contemplated joining them for comfort and ultimately decided that I couldn't afford the sun on that much of my skin anymore since I'm middle aged but I applauded their willingness to trade sun protection for cooling. I also appreciate the people who dress to the nines in layers on Dapper Days even though sometimes those can be pretty hot, since my Disney uniform tends to conform to the matrix of weather and sun protection with the caveat that my group likes to sometimes pick a t shirt theme to coordinate to each other without matching because that's our style. People watching and the clothing choices they make are fun to me and many other guests. If you don't like what other people are wearing, don't look at them. Its that simple. There's a whole lot of wonderful things to look at at Disney that aren't other people and their wardrobe choices.

Just got back and was very underwhelmed but what some people were wearing. I wouldn't want to see that at the beach, let alone flopping around on the rides at Disneyland. My big question is, do people actually think they look good that way?

We were there yesterday and it’s interesting what people wear. I think it’s a California thing, because we used to be WDW regulars, and it’s more families, shorts, T-shirts etc.

We saw some crazy things yesterday. I’m all about using fashion as freedom of expression, but some of the outfits we saw yesterday were more fitting for the club. I’m not sure how some of these ladies walked around in thigh high platform boots all day. Impressive feat! But some of the outfits were super creative and it was fun people watching for sure!

I was there all weekend and I didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary for the Southern California heat. But I do live here… Southern California in general is not a conservative area when it comes to clothing and that is exasperated when the heat index reaches boiling. If it bothers you or makes you uncomfortable, this area (especially during this time of year) is probably not the best place to visit. 🤷‍♀️

And to answer your question - yes, people think they look good in the outfits they are wearing. Just because something isn’t to your taste doesn’t mean that other don’t like it.

I come from where it is hotter than Southern California, it is hard to mind your own business when someone with the shortest mini-skirt on earth bends and stretches to get out of the log on splash mountain and they have no undies on. Not a good look. Not to mention - who wants to sit there next.

Then you would be highly wrong. More than once saw different individual's junk flopping around. Both Male and Female.

Your post comes off less about what Disney thinks or a dress code question but asking if other people think they 'actually look good' so I'll answer that question: yes, obviously they do and frankly it has nothing to do with travel-related Disneyland questions

Last edited:
My big question is, do people actually think they look good that way?
Yes, people actually think they look good that way.

Disneyland did drop some of the dress codes they had in the 1960's and 1970's. And they rarely enforce the dress code they have now.

I come from where it is hotter than Southern California, it is hard to mind your own business when someone with the shortest mini-skirt on earth bends and stretches to get out of the log on splash mountain and they have no undies on. Not a good look. Not to mention - who wants to sit there next.

I find it pretty hard to believe you truly saw both male and female genitalia multiple times on your Disneyland trip but… It’s really easy to look away and not hard to mind your own business.

Again, this area is not known for conservative clothing. If it bothers you, avoid it. There are other places to vacation that you will find less offensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter