Did anyone think the prince looked weird from Disney's Beauty and the Beast (1991)?

fridaynightsleepover

Earning My Ears
I always thought the face reveal was really odd. I know, that's like the point of the film, and he was good enough for Belle! But it was a tad shocking. What did you all think? This is a tongue in cheek question a little bit too :)

Yeah - a little bit odd looking. I saw the movie with my cousin, and she said that she thought that he looked better as a beast.

I had a LaserDisc copy of the "work in progress" version. That was rather interesting because some of the scenes showed how they did some scenes drawn from tracings. I remember some of the scenes of Belle looked rather odd, and I think those were done by direct tracings of a filmed model, and they looked rather jittery compared to the rest of the movie. Not sure how they generated the end during the transformation and whether or not they have a model to do it.

I always figured they were going for that Gallic look and modeled him after Gerard Depardieu

I've always felt that Bell was a little disappointed by the change - ha ha!
Reminds me of the movie "Tootsie" when Jessica Lange's character found out Dorothy Michaels was really Michael Dorsey. I think she was more than a little disappointed!

I thought he looked kind of provocative -- and TOO beautiful. Weird how they made him prettier than Beauty.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter