• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did anyone get an email from their guide today?

Beca

Apparently, we all have more money than brains!!!
We are waiting on ROFR on a contract we are buying, and today I get an email from my guide who I have not heard from in at least 5 years, asking if we need anything.

Just trying to figure out if this was a general email, or if something in our name/account has been triggered?

Yes, we got one, too. Haven't purchased any points since about 2000

Cool! Thanks! I was getting paranoid about ROFR. Glad to know it doesn't mean anything.

We got a call a week or so ago letting us know that they were contacting people with March or April UY to let them know if they were to add on before the UY ends they'd give us a bonus of last year's points in addition to this year's. Boy that made me laugh what a "bonus" ;)

Maybe it's because CCV is about to go on sale, and they want to remind you that they're around to help if needed.

When they offer bonus like this do you have to pay maint fees for the year that is about to expire?

If I buy a September use year in august and they give you bonus of the year about to expire are the fees charged?

When they offer bonus like this do you have to pay maint fees for the year that is about to expire?

If I buy a September use year in august and they give you bonus of the year about to expire are the fees charged?
When you buy direct you pay prorated MF for the calendar year in which you purchase (as MF are actually billed by calendar year not UY). So if you buy a sept UY this Aug you will immediately get full Sept 2016 points and also full sept 2017 points once Sept 1st rolls around. You will owe MF based on the purchase date so you will only pay 4 months (sept-dec 2017) plus whatever portion of Aug 2017 remains when you buy. This is not a bonus or promo. This is always how direct contracts are sold. I don't know the details concerning timeshare law in FL but I'd hazard a guess that the developer can't sell them stripped the way a private individual can. Even if I'm wrong in that assumption please know Disney always sells them with full current UY points (in Aug 2017 a sept UY contract is still in its 2016 UY) and this is NOT a bonus just a sales pitch.

I got an email a few weeks ago. We have a new guide after having the same one for years and years and years. Not planning on buying any more points but it did seem kind of weird and out of the blue. It wasn't even offering a deal! (real or not really a deal!)

I got a call too. It was "because I had an April UY" (yeah...right...that is why, i am sure only people with an April UY got the call!) and if I added on, I would get last years points as a 'bonus'. Call was totally out of the blue.

I got a call too. It was "because I had an April UY" (yeah...right...that is why, i am sure only people with an April UY got the call!) and if I added on, I would get last years points as a 'bonus'. Call was totally out of the blue.

Well, it kind of makes sense. DVD generally only sells one or maybe two UYs at a time on their 'live' properties as they declare more units. Perhaps they happen to be selling April points right now. So by that rationale, you would get another years' points if you buy before April. It's under the category of "save up to xx%". I like the "save" and the percentage, but it's that pesky "up to" in the middle that always seems to blow it. :)

That's a problem with March UY....too soon in the year to get that benefit. Just MO...I have March year, only got that benefit once, and at that time they didn't let me bank those points, so I donated them so they were used....a long time ago.

I just got a sales flyer today lol!

So did we. We are actually in the market for an additional 100 points in the next few months and we're thinking of going with AKL but after seeing the video my dh is torn and is now considering CCV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter