Diaper Changing Pads

disneymom2twins

As my nephew says...."Chip and Dip"
I was reading the thread about carrying a backpack. Well, my diaper bag is a backpack, but if I could eliminate the changing pad, I could use the space for the tickets, camera, etc. Does Disney have disposable ones in the baby changing centers? Are they clean and stuff? I have never traveled to Disney with kids before...

Thanks!

I dont know about the changing rooms at disney but i worked for a gym that had a nursery, we used disposable changing pads. They would come in a container that looked like diapers. Maybe using something like that will help with space issue.

The baby changing centers have sheets of paper you cover the changing pads with. In the bathrooms, they're the cold and hard ones. I always wiped them down first with a wet wipe

The paper is only available at the "Baby Care Centers" (one location at each park)...
Other than those you have to use the restrooms... and I ALWAYS use a changing pad... there's a LOT of people who use those... which means LOTS of germs...

You could maybe carry a couple of the paper disposable ones in your diaper bag. They fold up really small and can be used more then once if baby doesn't make a "mess" on it while changing :rolleyes: . They take up less space then the big plastic ones that are in the diaper bags.

Babies R Us have great disposable changing sheets. They are 27" x 18" and fold thin. We always use those because I can't stand the thought of just putting DD down on just the table! It gives me the willies!!!

karenTX said:
Babies R Us have great disposable changing sheets. They are 27" x 18" and fold thin. We always use those because I can't stand the thought of just putting DD down on just the table! It gives me the willies!!!

OT, but your daughter's adorable....!!

If you have a well baby check before your trip, ask the nurse if you can nab a few of the pads they use. At least, my pediatritions office always put the plastic backed paper sheets on the scale before weighing the babies. They let me take a handfull of them one time when I asked. Then just take one or two to the park each day. If you reuse one (didn't get poo etc on it) make sure to fold it with the side you had down in on itself. (keep all the germs contained inside it and it won't get on the outside/paper part of it for a second use.)

We always used the disposable ones. I couldn't handle the thought of putting the pad on the icky changing table and then putting the pad back in the diaper bag. YICK! :crazy:

GEM said:
We always used the disposable ones. I couldn't handle the thought of putting the pad on the icky changing table and then putting the pad back in the diaper bag. YICK! :crazy:

I have a plastic one, but after I use it I wash it down and spray Fantastik or something on it. I will have to check out those disposable ones though. They may work out better as far as space is concerned.

Thanks for the suggestions.

i use to make my own diapering accessories. What I make are cloth backed Procare changing pads. They are long and wide enough to cover a table and the procare side can be wiped down but my baby lays on the fabric side. It doesnt have that foam stuffing so it takes up very little room when folded up (fits in a jeans back pocket)

Thats what I plan to take. Certainly somewhere you can buy a reusable changing pad without the padding.

I always took changing pads with my son. You never know what happened before you were there. I was waiting to chang emy son and the person in front of me left a mess. I did wipe it down, of course, but was so thankful that I had a changing pad for the just in case something was not 100% clean. I even gave a changing pad to the person behaind me!

The disposable ones are the way to go. They are tiny and efficient, plus, you do not have to put something that could have touched someone else's mess back in your bag.
I have gotten cheap packages in Walmart. The Huggies ones are larger and cushier, but more expensive and only a few come in a package. :cool1:

A cheaper suggestion is use the plastic garbage bags that fold, like glad bags or something. They fold thin, and you can cut them apart and get like 5 changing liners per bag. I would never NOT use something to cover the changing stations. TOO MANY GERMS!!

Just back and at the regular restrooms I did not find changing paper so I did as I always do grab a handfull of paper towels and lay them down. Just as easy and quick. The stations did appear clean, however you never know what happened before you.

Following a tip from the DIS, I made my own reuasble/disposable changing pads by cutting up flannel-backed vinyl tablecloths from Christmas Tree Shop (regional, I know, but you could get them cheap at other discounters...) I just bought the largest size rectangular ones they carry since they are all the same price and took a scissors to them - much cheaper than the Huggies ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!