Diamond Horseshoe is a new favorite

Bork

Goofy about Disney
We decided to cancel our 2nd DHS day and do a 4th day at MK, so we had no dining reservations. We couldn't get any lunch ADRs, so we decided to see if we cold get a walk up at Diamond Horseshoe. I think it was 11:50 and the place was empty. We asked if they were open and they sat us right away. A few more people came as we were eating.

A player piano would play every once in a while on stage. The rest of the time, recorded piano music played. Service was friendly and prompt.

We ended up loving the food here. Rolls, salad, brisket, pulled pork, turkey, chicken, sausage, beans, mac and cheese, and corn on the cob. Everything was really good, expect the corn on the cob was mushy. Turkey was especially good. Even picky eater DD3 had plenty to eat.

The campfire brownie (brownie topped with toasted marshmallow) was a delicious end to the meal.

DS12 got an allergy friendly plate with everything except corn and mac and cheese, replaced with mashed potatoes and green beans. He passed on an allergy friendly salad. They gave him allergy friendly cookies for dessert. This was one of the rare occasions when he was actually too full to finish everything. :-)

This was probably the most pleasant dining surprise of our 2 week trip. We weren't planning on eating here, but we were glad we did.

Last edited:
Interesting. This got panned by many sources, but it is my type of food, especially on vacation, so I was kind of bummed that it was so disliked. Maybe they improved the food from the initial reviews.

My dad used to love the Diamond Horseshoe when it had a show there. He hasn't been there since 1991, when they took me ( I was about three months old ), my sister, and my brother there. I'm surprising him with MVMCP and that night, got reservations for the Diamond Horseshoe again. Glad to hear the food is still good!

It's interesting because Liberty Tree has been a favorite for a while and we really liked Skipper Canteen this trip as well. I believe those along with Diamond Horseshoe all share the same kitchen.

Why is the diamond Horseshoe the only availability for MK in early October? Is it a big place, or not so good?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter