DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

great video review above! yet again, another failed uber to emm!! can't decide now...going from pofq november 7th. someone tell me what to do: bus or mears?!! And please tell me if mears drop off to dhs would be considerably closer then the bus loop. help! need advice.

This is my first post, but I have been reading the thread and wanted to share our experience. I didn't do a great job remembering exact times, but hopefully it will still be helpful.

My husband and I attended on 10/22. We had the 7:30 time. I don't believe this was a sold out day.

The worst part was waiting for the bus at Pop Century. We were the first in line probably around 6:10. A bus did not come until a little after 6:40. I am 99% sure we did not miss a bus. We definitely should've taken a Lyft. We got to the entrance a few minutes after 7 and to ABC Commissary around 7:10ish. I thought we'd have a few minutes so we went to grab some pastries and go to the bathroom expecting they would rope drop around 7:20. By the time I got out of the bathroom, they had already rope dropped and by the time we could see Slinky there were already people riding. So I think the rope drop must've been around 7:15 and they let people start riding right away.

We rode SD first (short wait, maybe 5 min) then AS2 twice without getting off. I don't remember the exact order of everything, but we ended up riding AS2 x2, SD x3, and TSMM x3-4 (our favorite ride, ended up riding several more times with day of FP). Slinky wait times always seemed to be about 5 minutes or less. Others were walk-ons. The most frustrating part was trying to speed walk through the TSMM queue and being caught behind slow people. I understand some people do the event to go slow, but just move to the side if there are people trying to maximize their ride time!! I do wish they would've used the FastPass queue or let us stay on or something rather than going through the full exit and queue.

We did not do any characters - there always seemed to be at least several families in line and we prefer rides.

We left around 8:50 and got a PhotoPass picture at the entrance with no wait right as the rope drop crowds were approaching. We were able to ride RnR (nearly walk on, no preshow) and ToT and back to breakfast by around 7:30. I really enjoyed the Chicken and Doughnuts.

Overall, I really enjoyed the event; however, you have to be motivated to ride these rides multiple times for it to be worth it for you. I probably wouldn't do the MK one because those rides I enjoy, but not necessarily over and over again.

Last edited:
This is my first post, but I have been reading the thread and wanted to share our experience. I didn't do a great job remembering exact times, but hopefully it will still be helpful.

My husband and I attended on 10/22. We had the 7:30 time. I don't believe this was a sold out day.

The worst part was waiting for the bus at Pop Century. We were the first in line probably around 6:10. A bus did not come until a little after 6:40. I am 99% sure we did not miss a bus. We definitely should've taken a Lyft. We got to the entrance a few minutes after 7 and to ABC Commissary around 7:10ish. I thought we'd have a few minutes so we went to grab some pastries and go to the bathroom expecting they would rope drop around 7:20. By the time I got out of the bathroom, they had already rope dropped and by the time we could see Slinky there were already people riding. So I think the rope drop must've been around 7:15 and they let people start riding right away.

We rode SD first (short wait, maybe 5 min) then AS2 twice without getting off. I don't remember the exact order of everything, but we ended up riding AS2 x2, SD x3, and TSMM x3-4 (our favorite ride, ended up riding several more times with day of FP). Slinky wait times always seemed to be about 5 minutes or less. Others were walk-ons. The most frustrating part was trying to speed walk through the TSMM queue and being caught behind slow people. I understand some people do the event to go slow, but just move to the side if there are people trying to maximize their ride time!! I do wish they would've used the FastPass queue or let us stay on or something rather than going through the full exit and queue.

We did not do any characters - there always seemed to be at least several families in line and we prefer rides.

We left around 8:50 and got a PhotoPass picture with Woody with no wait right as the rope drop crowds were approaching. We were able to ride RnR (nearly walk on, no preshow) and ToT and back to breakfast by around 7:30. I really enjoyed the Chicken and Doughnuts.

Overall, I really enjoyed the event; however, you have to be motivated to ride these rides multiple times for it to be worth it for you. I probably wouldn't do the MK one because those rides I enjoy, but not necessarily over and over again.

Thanks for the review and :welcome: to the DIS!!

I agree the reviews seem much better lately!
Totally agree. I even got some info from the last few posts that was very helpful. I think to navigate through a crowded venue such as this you need a plan and all the great posts sharing info really help to have a great time and not feel like you wasted hours when in reality there is lots to do. I’m going on Halloween so I’m bracing for the crowd but I’m also going in with a plan!

Stop by and say hi. We will be easy to find. Wife and 2 daughters will be attacking the sweets. I will have a plate of the savory items. I will also be the one trying to figure out how to sneak the bar into the backpack for the rest of our trip. :rolleyes1
If we see you, we will! We'll be the mom and kid (DD7) family putting pastries into a ziploc bag for lunch. :D I'm so excited for this!! (The whole thing, that is. Not just saving pastries for lunch.)

Does anyone think they'll be adding November 5? I went to look to book and that date is now clickable and I don't think it was before.

Good eyes. Yeah, I’d say definitely being added given it has turned blue (unless it’s a tech snafu).

Totally makes the recent EMH change that day make sense now. Sad and/or shocking Disney thinks they can sell enough spots in 2 weeks to make it worth it! Ha!

Thank you for letting us know about the blue date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter