• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

DHS Counter Service?

Supermom3

DIS Veteran
I need a recommendation on a good CS for our day at DHS. I've been looking at menus, and quite honestly none of them are really sounding that great. I'm leaning toward Pizza Planet for the kids to enjoy the atmosphere, but I've heard that the pizza isn't so great. What to do? :confused3

We ate at Pizza Planet in July and thought the pizza was good. Got the pizza and salad combo and happy with both. We were there right as it opened so pizza was hot and fresh. Just make sure you have set rules for the games - either - only for X minutes and $X or - as I told my kids - you're at WDW, we did not come here to play games. Let them get arcade time in at the resort.

The kids love Pizza Planet. We ate here when are boys were little. Now we go to Rosie's for burgers.

We usually eat at Backlot Express. Burgers, hot dogs, chicken fingers, etc. We noticed in November that the fountain drinks are out for you to get now, so you can get refills! Not too many of those out in the parks.

We just ate at Pizza Planet last week and it was ok...nothing great but not disgusting or anything

We usually eat at Backlot Express. Burgers, hot dogs, chicken fingers, etc. We noticed in November that the fountain drinks are out for you to get now, so you can get refills! Not too many of those out in the parks.

Another vote for Backlot Express! :cool1:

We ate there for a quick lunch.

Over priced for basically frozen pizza. (tastes like it)

but fun atmosphere.

Thanks for all the responses. I'm sure the kids will win this one and we'll end up at Pizza Planet. Toy Story is a favorite at our house.

Backlot Express, Rosie's or Toluca Turkey Legs near TOT, Pizza Planet. HS has no outstanding or remarkable CS, but these places are OK.

We ate at Pizza Planet last time and couldn't eat our food. In saying that Pizza's in the US are very different than they are here. Our pizzas seem to be more like the ones at Wolfgang Puck express. So it wasn't just here we didn't like, it was everywhere.
We've struggled looking for somewhere to eat at DHS this time. I'm thinking Starring Rolls?

I think that DHS lacks a good CS place. We usually do Pizza planet one day and Backlot the other. Neither thrill us, but they are not too bad. I think your kids will love Pizza Planet.

We have eaten at Pizza Planet once and ABC twice...We liked PP and plan to return...We hated ABC both times and will not ever go back.

We ate at Backlot Express for the first time last week and were pleasantly surprised b/c we've heard so often that there's no good CS in the DHS. I had the grilled veggie sandwich, which I loved. DH had a pretty good grilled chicken salad (but did have to go back to ask for extra dressing), and the kids enjoyed their nuggets. I also was happy that they had Coke Zero (instead of just Diet Coke like most places). Seemed like they had a lot of other drink option in the self-service drink area too, but I can't remember what they were.

Also, we really liked the strawberry parfait dessert. It was sugar-free, so I wasn't expecting much, but it was yummy! And the only reason I ordered it is b/c we tried to vary our desserts due to dessert overload on the dining plan.

That's the only CS we've had there, so I can't be of any help with the other options! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter