DH Passed Away Suddenly Before Our Trip - Update Post 267

Very sorry for your loss. I hope you find peace and comfort in the coming days.

There are absolutely no words possible to express my sadness for you and your family. Prayers and blessings be with you now and forever.:sad1:

So very sorry to read of Bob's passing, LM. hug:s What wonderful things you will doing to remember Bob's memory, and his life, a celebration to be sure. Keep close, forever, those wonderful memories of a sweet nine years. God bless you and your family, God speed for Bob. His picture there with little Emma just says it all, love.

My deepest sympathy to you on your sudden and unexpected loss. Although not the same as losing a spouse, I lost my dad a week before our trip in 2008. I almost cancelled it, but it was my dad's wish that we go no matter what and it turned out to be the best thing I could have done. I will not lie and tell you there was not sadness during the trip, but there was also joy and laughter to go along with the tears. I have made it a tradition now at Disney to buy a balloon and give it to a child in my dad's memory (this is something that my dad always did for his grandsons--buy them a balloon). I like to think my dad is smiling down whenever I give the balloon to a child. :hug:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish you strength and peace in the days ahead.

My thoughts and prayers are with you in this sad time. I think it is a great idea to go and celebrate his life in his favorite place and to celebrate life in general, he probably would have wanted you to do it. God bless your family and have a safe and comforting trip.

I got goosebumps while reading your post. I'm so, so very sorry to hear this but I'm sure he'll be with you somehow during your trip and seeing you enjoy the place you both loved and by paying tribute to him will only further put him in peace. My thoughts are with you and I hope you smile at WDW.

I am very sorry for your heartbreaking loss. I am in tears as I write this.
But I am thankful that you shared your story with us as painful as it must have been to write, because it is a reminder that we must live everyday to the fullest and take those family trips and make those special memories whenever we are able. Life is too short not to enjoy as much as possible. Stay strong. :hug:

:hug:, we will be praying for you. May you find peace and strength when you need it the most and always till you meet him again.:flower3:

I, like everyone else here, am truly sorry for your loss.:grouphug: I agree with going on the trip though. I'm sure it will be tough at times but what better place to think of the happy times than at WDW. I can't imagine he would have wanted you to cancel the trip and stay home crying. I'm sure he would want to see you having fun and smiling. Keep your chin up and remember he'll be with you in spirit laughing and smiling right along with you!:littleangel:

I'm so very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family. :hug:

I am so sorry for your loss. I know there are no words I can say to give you comfort but please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. :grouphug:

I am so very sorry for your loss, our hearts and prayers go out to you and your family!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter