DH is joining us later...

tinkerbell211

are we there yet?
My DH will not be arriving until DD and I have already been at WDW for a couple of days. I am buying the dining plan for DD and I. How do I handle DH when he arrives?
He really doesn't want to be added to the dining plan. We already have tickets for the parks for him. Any suggestions?
Thanks

i would call and ask... they're pretty clear on "everyone in the party must be on the package" kwim? would you consider doing the package for the time you and dd are alone and then going off it when dh joins you (two separate ressies)? or perhaps add dh from the beginning and use his credits for the days he won't be there to do a signature meal or HDDR?

Unfortunately, he will be there in the MIDDLE of the trip. Coming late and leaving early. It would probably be hard to use the extra meals bought for him in a very cost effective manner.
I REALLY want to get it for the DD and I. I thought it would especially be fun to do the "princess" stuff when dad's gone.
Thanks

well, even w/him only there for the middle of the trip, his extra credits would allow you to dine in the castle (more than once if you can get the ADR), HDDR, the luau and more two TS meals while dh is there or not! 'cause three separate ressies would really be a pita!

you don't say how long each "leg" of your trip is (w/out dh, w/dh, w/out dh again) but i still see the merit in buying the dining plan for him 'cause otherwise are you not going to use the plan when he's there or will you go oop for his meals?

2 days w/out, 3 days with, 3 days w/out. Yes, we just thought we'd pay oop for him while he's there. If we did the plan for him, that would be 5 extra days of meals. I love to eat, but...
On the other hand, I don't want to miss out on the plan for DD and myself. I agree, multiple ressies would be CRAZY!
HELP! :goodvibes

Is he listed on the room reservation yet?

If he isn't, when he showed up, would they make him add it then? I thought that the dining plan must be added within a certain number of days before checking in. What would happen if you were already there with dining and then he showed up during your stay?

it would only be five extra TS meals which if the three of you went to HDDR, there's three of his five used -- boom! then use the other two of his five for you/dd to go to Cindy's Castle -- boom! done! LOL!? (as far as $ goes, it's an extra $200, or thereabouts, right? figure HDDR is over $50/adult and crt is not far behind in price, if not equal, so it's not like you won't get your $s worth either)

as far as counter service go, you can always have breakfast *and* lunch a few days [we always seem to run short on CS meals] or treat an unsuspecting family to a meal one day :)

it would only be five extra TS meals which if the three of you went to HDDR, there's three of his five used -- boom! then use the other two of his five for you/dd to go to Cindy's Castle -- boom! done! LOL!? (as far as $ goes, it's an extra $200, or thereabouts, right? figure HDDR is over $50/adult and crt is not far behind in price, if not equal, so it's not like you won't get your $s worth either)
Don't want to spend an extra $200 if possible, esp since DD & I will already have our meals.

If he isn't, when he showed up, would they make him add it then? I thought that the dining plan must be added within a certain number of days before checking in. What would happen if you were already there with dining and then he showed up during your stay?
Does anyone know the answer to this? I'm hoping he can "just join us", w/out any restrictions.

but that $200 will go toward more than "meals" it will go toward meals that you would not otherwise be able to do or have to go oop to do (and probably go oop for more than the $200)

don't know if the other scenario is "do-able" if he can just join you... unless you don't tell the front desk and just have him room there... but then he won't get a key for extra magic hours...

I wanted to do this but TA said it wasn't possible. I will be solo for part of trip and rather than go with multiple reservations we are paying for the dp for both of us for the whole trip, it would have been more expensive to do multiple ressies (don't know why, but it was). Also if you are doing park tickets as part of package he can't get his ticket without dp on it on his room key, or at least that is how it was explained to me. I was also told I wouldn't be promised the same room if we split the ressie, so we are just doing a couple of two credit meals and breakfast and lunch some days. We are going during the F&W Festival so we will certainly use up the snack credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter