Detailed report on 4th (and more) FP+, including one day using 11 FPs

When we were there, you couldn't even book FP for any other parks if you did hop. (And OP wishes they could book them while at other parks before they hop.) Our friends couldn't book them at the new parks they hopped to.

What are rules for? But I'm glad its changing, cuz its lame. It just doesn't help us any now that we have came and went.

Monday, June 2nd at EpcotPrebooked FP:
Soarin from 10:00 to 11:00
I intentionally cancelled my tier 2 FPs prior to arriving at the park to see if I could immediately book another Tier 1 after riding Soarin. I was able to do so.

I've never heard of being able to do this before. I thought when pre-booking you always had to be holding 3. How did you cancel the two and then just have the one when you arrived? TIA!

I've never heard of being able to do this before. I thought when pre-booking you always had to be holding 3. How did you cancel the two and then just have the one when you arrived? TIA!

This feature didn't always exist. I think they added it in January (or around that time). It still gives you 3 automatically, even if you only book 1 or 2. You then have to go back in and delete the ones you don't want.

Once you have them booked, go to the FP+ link on MDE. Click on the date you want to modify. It will then give you four choices: Select or Replace, Change, Copy, or Cancel. You'll select Cancel and then delete the ones you don't want.

Was this even available on May 4? Or is this something new that they are making up as they go along? Because no one gave us any indication we could get any more than the 3 we booked on MDE.

This change was announced on the Disney Parks Blog on April 24, and went into effect on April 28. (And has been discussed a great deal here.)

When we were there, you couldn't even book FP for any other parks if you did hop. (And OP wishes they could book them while at other parks before they hop.) Our friends couldn't book them at the new parks they hopped to.

What are rules for? But I'm glad its changing, cuz its lame. It just doesn't help us any now that we have came and went.

If you were there after April 28, you could in fact have booked at other parks when you hopped. You just didn't know that you could.

Fortune favors the informed, I guess. And you never know when things are going to change.

You are correct. We cancelled our Tier 2s in advance. After we used our only remaining prebooked FP, we were given every ride as a choice at the kiosk (both Tier 1 and Tier 2). We could have had a TT as early as 1:55 as of 11:45, with SB running at 60-70 minutes. We had planned to ride Soarin' even earlier, but we were at MK late the evening before and got a slow start. I would think that if you booked Soarin from 9:00 to 10:00 and were at the FP kiosk before 10:00, you should be able to get another Soarin' or a TT with a decent return time.

Thanks. Certainly makes a good option and something to decide. I think we will all go on Soarin (so can't to the magic band swap thing), but my DS would love Test Track too (but not my DD). Seems worth to give up the other FP, but I guess you're taking the chance that Test Track will still be available. For us, we have an ADR at 9:15am so don't think I'll try Soarin FP+ until 10am...then could try the kiosk after that and see.

wow that is great! we overlapped some with our dates.. our family of 7 didn't have the same luck or experience with the extra fp's times that you did, but we left every afternoon and came back around 7:30pm we used one for buzz and pooh and than after that we really didn't need any, the lines for most were less than 20min on average.

I found the whole stop at the kiosk thing such a pain, that is probably why we only did once or twice. Agree Mk is really the only useful park unless you can get lucky with a headliner . WE too got a RnR on our way out once for some in our party that was hours out, but it worked since we were leaving anyway. Never saw one for TSM ever...

Very cool how it worked for you at Epcot.. never thought to try that, we got to ride both with no problems by doing rope drop.

speaking of rope drop, just curious what you thought of MK rope drop? We always do rope drop, and for us, this trip we thought at the MK, we got less done than any trip before. We were very frustrated and disappointed in the lack of rides we got in, compared to trips past. We got so much more done ride wise, in the evenings. Rope drop still seemed very beneficial at HS and EP b/c of the tiering.

Wow..super helpful post!! Thanks!!! I hope that some of this is worked out by January. Even if we can just book our extra ones from the app on my phone would be great! I never thought to make 3 and then cancel 2 and make the tier 1 as an extra...brilliant!

I found the whole stop at the kiosk thing such a pain, that is probably why we only did once or twice.

Can I ask more about the kiosk? Why is it a pain? Do you waste a long time waiting in line for your turn (which is kind of ironic) or is it just not very user friendly? Are there many kiosks around or do you have to go out of your way to find one?

Can I ask more about the kiosk? Why is it a pain? Do you waste a long time waiting in line for your turn (which is kind of ironic) or is it just not very user friendly? Are there many kiosks around or do you have to go out of your way to find one?

They have many people standing around with ipads, or at the kiosks machines themselves in certain areas.. Each land at Mk has them. Epcot we felt, had the least and hard to find. Somedays, at certain times there was no one waiting, other times, there seemed to be very long lines.. We usually walked around until we found a smaller line. It isn't that long of a process, and honestly, out of our 8 days I only was "allowed" 2x to actually touch the machine and do it myself, otherwise they do it all for you..

This feature didn't always exist. I think they added it in January (or around that time). It still gives you 3 automatically, even if you only book 1 or 2. You then have to go back in and delete the ones you don't want.

Once you have them booked, go to the FP+ link on MDE. Click on the date you want to modify. It will then give you four choices: Select or Replace, Change, Copy, or Cancel. You'll select Cancel and then delete the ones you don't want.

Wow! Thank you for this info. My trip is in 11 days and I've been researching for months and have never come across this bit of information. I think we may try this. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter