destination LONDON , england

disneyred

DIS Veteran
hello. I hope I can post here if not please help to where is appropriate.. I tried to post in the UK forum but was not successful in letting me do this ... OK...
My colleague is going to London England for the first time in mid June, as part of a business trip and he is adding a few days at the end to do the typical touristy stuff.
He wants to hit a grocery/drugstore chain store to pick up typical London chocolates / cookies to bring back for about 20 people.. where would you send him to get stuff at budget prices ?? He has made room in his luggage to buy for 20 people and want to know where he can get stuff at the best price, for he figures a chain store? Is he right ?? thx ... ( I can see more questions about UK coming once he gets closer to his trip).

I don't know about chain stores but when my dd and I were in London this past march she wanted to do the same thing for her friends. There were a ton of candy shops all over the place. Most notably was huge store in Piccadilly Circus area. The prices were not bad and as a teen she was able to but different kinds of snacks for her friends - things we couldn't get here.

Someone here may be able to give you a better option but that is what worked for us.

English DH says "Tesco or Asda" (both large, popular chain grocery stores; Tesco in particular is very easy to find in Central London). If that's not budget enough, there's always Poundland or the 99p Store -- Great Britain's version of The Dollar Store.

I second Tesco. I shopped there a lot when I visited last fall. I got a huge variety pack of tea biscuits (more than enough for a party platter) for around 2GBP. (Around $3 US)

Tesco for sure. It's where I get my groceries and it's fairly cheap for all kinds of stuff like Cadbury's chocs and digestive biscuits.

I would say grocery stores in London , they have huge selection and good prices.
Lots of chocolate for sale at Heathrow also! Yumm yumm

Just ate my last bite on Cadbury from my dds' trip to Ireland last month.

I found a place that will send me Cadbury Eclairs (Caramel with a chocolate center). However getting someone to ship me Pitch Rolls (Brioche with a chocolate center) is impossible. I may have to go back to London and ship a case home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter