Destination D23 11/19-21 2021

It's really late to be announcing this. We made our Disney plans for that week about a year out.
Totally agree! I'm so surprised and it doesn't really make sense--rooms are hardly even available then. Four months is nothing in Disney planning world. Husband is thinking it's maybe a very scaled- down event to coincide with Contemporary reopening?

I can't believe they are doing another major D23 event. The last one was the biggest waste of money I have ever made towards Disney (and that says alot). I LOVE Disneyworld. Would never waste time, energy, happiness or money on this event. Hoping they listened to feedback from the last event. All 15 friends dropped D23 because of it. No apologies, no customer service recovery. Nothing. Try to have fun and if there is a "floor" (IE a big market place) don't listen to anyone saying oh its OK if that's all you get to do.

It's really late to be announcing this. We made our Disney plans for that week about a year out.

I agree. I'll actually be at WDW 11/9 - 11/19 ... leaving the 19th and just missing this. If I would have know earlier, I would have adjusted my dates a bit to catch this when I booked everything.

I can't believe they are doing another major D23 event. The last one was the biggest waste of money I have ever made towards Disney (and that says alot). I LOVE Disneyworld. Would never waste time, energy, happiness or money on this event. Hoping they listened to feedback from the last event. All 15 friends dropped D23 because of it. No apologies, no customer service recovery. Nothing. Try to have fun and if there is a "floor" (IE a big market place) don't listen to anyone saying oh its OK if that's all you get to do.
That’s a concern of mine as I’m not a exclusive merchandise collector, I’d much rather spend my money on experiences than stuff, so I’m not sure it’s worth admission.

I wonder of they held some back with a convention discount like they did in 2018.

We just happen to have an offsite stay booked for those dates, so we’re looking forward to hearing more details, including ticket prices. We attended the 2019 D23 Expo in Anaheim and were looking forward to the 2020 event that was scheduled for WDW. Hoping for the same level of interesting presentations that we enjoyed in 2019.

We just happen to have an offsite stay booked for those dates, so we’re looking forward to hearing more details, including ticket prices. We attended the 2019 D23 Expo in Anaheim and were looking forward to the 2020 event that was scheduled for WDW. Hoping for the same level of interesting presentations that we enjoyed in 2019.
It will be different than the Expo. Usually Destination D presentations are geared more toward Disney history. For instance, in 2018, it was all about Mickey & Minnies birthday, discussing them through the years in terms of the parks and cartoons. There was a short presentation from Chapek discussing new things at the parks, like Galaxy’s Edge and Runaway Railway. The previous one was about adventure in relation to the parks and films. There usually isn’t much merch and very little if any talks about new movies or non-traditional Disney properties. The archives tend to do most of the presentations, and famous people don’t really show up.

It will be different than the Expo. Usually Destination D presentations are geared more toward Disney history. For instance, in 2018, it was all about Mickey & Minnies birthday, discussing them through the years in terms of the parks and cartoons. There was a short presentation from Chapek discussing new things at the parks, like Galaxy’s Edge and Runaway Railway. The previous one was about adventure in relation to the parks and films. There usually isn’t much merch and very little if any talks about new movies or non-traditional Disney properties. The archives tend to do most of the presentations, and famous people don’t really show up.
It’s the history presentations we like the most! Not really into the merchandise. So Destination D23 is likely to be right up our alley.

It’s the history presentations we like the most! Not really into the merchandise. So Destination D23 is likely to be right up our alley.
I loved it and am bummed to not go this year. I like both, but Destination D was more about the info and history; whereas, Expo feels more about being with friends, being with other Disney fans, and merch.

Totally agree! I'm so surprised and it doesn't really make sense--rooms are hardly even available then. Four months is nothing in Disney planning world. Husband is thinking it's maybe a very scaled- down event to coincide with Contemporary reopening?
The tower should be complete before the 50th opening, but they will seriously be hurting for occupancy if they move directly into the garden room renovation like they said they are going to.

I bought tickets to the DIS family reunion because James Arnold Taylor, Ashley Eckstein and Tony Baxter were going.

Now I'm curious if I should have saved my money for Destination. I really liked the Adventure theme they had a few years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter