Destin Beach visit...tips

blobula

Earning My Ears
My family (2 adult 3 kids) is thinking of going to Destin or Gatlinburg the 4th week in March 2020. We will be stopping in Nashville to visit family first. I was curious if it would be to cold to really enjoy the beach at that time? If you have been to Destin what are some nice yet affordable (below $200) a night places to stay? Looks like Sandestin Golf and Beach resort has a good price right now for the dates I'm looking at.

I can recommend 2 resorts but looking at prices around $250 . Do you have AAA discount ?
Both resorts are on the Gulf of Mexico with access to sandy beaches and have ocean front lazy rivers.
I always stay at Hilton Garden Inn Ft.Walton and the Holiday Inn Resort FtWaltonBeach is next to it as in walk across from one resort to the other close with a Tiki Bar in between ! Both very clean with laundry rooms and nice breakfast( kids eat free at HI). They have nice pictures on their webpages.
Hilton.com or IHG.com
And I recommend the Grimaldi’s Pizza if you feel like a short drive with a lot of traffic.

We went the first week of March this year for a couple of days on the “way” to New Orleans. We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Fort Walton Beach (https://goo.gl/maps/J3BQQhChjydST6jQ6)

For us, the location was great since the beach was right in front of the hotel and we were only minutes from the main restaurant area. But the water was way too cold for us to go in. The weather was in the 70’s which was perfect for walking around but it did get chilly at night. It was just the two adults so I don’t know how much there was for kids to do in that one area. We did drive out to the boardwalk area one night which was a good time.

View from the back of the hotel. You can see how quiet the beach was. The water was super clear and the sand was very soft and almost white!

9150F4DB-EB23-460A-9F7C-891D406A35D4.jpeg

We went in March once. The beach was nice, but you wouldn't want to swim in the Gulf.

Our resort, Beach Street Cottages, had a heated pool for swimming.

There are plenty of restaurants to visit, shopping, things like that to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter