• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dessert Party Photography Question

pinkmiss3

Mouseketeer
I am still in the beginning stages of wedding planning. My fiancé and I have been going over what we want and what we can afford for our wedding. This leads to a couple of questions. Should we or should we not have photography at our dessert party. A part of me wants it because I know we will get some great shots. But then a part of me feels like it’s a waste because it is only for a brief time, and I also am not sure if I would rather enjoy the fireworks or take pics. Does anyone know how much Disney charges for the hour dessert party service? Thanks guys!

Disney charges $350 for its dessert party photography package. We knew we wouldn't be able to really watch IllumiNations while posing for photos during our DP, but it was worth it for the fantastic photos (of course, this was back when you were allowed to bring in your own photographer).

We went back to Epcot the next night and saw IllumiNations "for real" for the first time and had a wonderful memory of our wedding day too!

When I read your trip report I noticed that you guys had not seen illuminations, and thats ironic because we haven't either. We have been to disney twice this year and missed it both times! I blame our families though beacuse we were the people always getting the fast passes so when night time came we were sooooo tired and ready to leave the parks. We are soooo looking forward to our disneymoon because we are going to do what we want when we want.
Thanks for the advice. I think we might just get the photography. I also wanted to mention that my fiance and I listen to the radio show every week and we really enjoy it and look forward to it. We have learned so much and that has made this whole process that much easier. Thanks again!!!! :)

I think the photography is definitely worth it, even if you only get a few great shots! Fireworks photos in your wedding attire are just SO awesome - 2 of my favorite shots of the day are the ones below.

I will warn you though, you really DON'T get to watch any of Illuminations...I'm lucky, as I've seen it probably close to 20 times so no big deal, but without having seen it before it may be tough to concentrate on the photographer.

PH196800910_-_01821.jpg

PH196800910_-_0194_800x533.jpg

Good luck deciding!

I'm getting it!!! We will be there all week so we can just go back and see the show later. By the way, I love your shots! Thanks for the advice!

our planner (also a disney bride) said that her dp pictures were her favorite. And that the photographers have done them so many times, they know just when to take the pictures so they turn out amazing. Plus, if your dp is the same day as your wedding, you can just get a longer photo package, and there are no split fees

I love the fireworks wedding attire pictures!! I agree...it's kind of a one chance experience...if you change your mind after and wish you had done it, there's no opportunity for a do-over. I'd say if there is anyway to fit it in the budget you should go for it...true, you won't really get to see the fireworks that night, but lets face it, you'll be on cloud nine to be a newlywed and there with family and friends...the fireworks probably WON'T be what you're focusing on anyway....

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!

Brooke

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter